ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using DanteAV for video distribution?  (Read 1844 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Anyone using DanteAV for video distribution?
« on: October 24, 2023, 11:26:16 AM »

Just wondering what products you are using at the endpoints. So far to get an HDMI output at a TV the cost averages around 2 grand per drop! I could cut back to one HDMI drop per room, then distribute that to all the TV's in that room, but thats not as flexible as I'd like it to be.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Robert Healey

Re: Anyone using DanteAV for video distribution?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 01:34:27 PM »

Just wondering what products you are using at the endpoints. So far to get an HDMI output at a TV the cost averages around 2 grand per drop! I could cut back to one HDMI drop per room, then distribute that to all the TV's in that room, but thats not as flexible as I'd like it to be.

There are very few manufacturers currently on board with DanteAV, but I have been using various AVoverIP systems for years. I used to use SVSI products but the Samsung years have not been kind to AMX and they stopped innovating the product line several years ago. Since then I have had plenty of successful systems with Crestron DM NVX. They come in at much less than $2k an endpoint if you are willing to max out at 1080p. I find most systems don't need 4k.

Aside from Crestron, I would also look at AV Pro Edge and Visionary Solutions. Visionary integrates well with Q-Sys.

John Walsh

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 04:18:10 PM »

Late to the game on this, but Wyrestorm NHD end point, especially their newer 120 series (which a wall plate will be out soon for) has been awesome. More advanced spaces we use the 500 series.
QSYS plugin is also available which is nice.

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 08:31:00 PM »

Following!  I'm working on a system design r/n/ that has me pondering these sort of questions too.

At the moment, We're looking at using Dante for audio, and using NDI for video.  Then, rather than DanteAV > HDMI at the screens, it would be NDI > HDMI.  There seem to be a lot of options for little adaptor boxes that do this in the few-hundred-bucks range.  (e.g. Kiloview N6)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 11:56:38 PM »

Following!  I'm working on a system design r/n/ that has me pondering these sort of questions too.

At the moment, We're looking at using Dante for audio, and using NDI for video.  Then, rather than DanteAV > HDMI at the screens, it would be NDI > HDMI.  There seem to be a lot of options for little adaptor boxes that do this in the few-hundred-bucks range.  (e.g. Kiloview N6)

Thats what I settled on too. I'm using Birddog gear. The church that I work for has a TON of Apple TV's running screens on Wifi networks all over campus. I'm knocking those out one-by-one and hardwiring them with the Birddog PLAY devices which are 150 a piece. They are remarkably reliable so far and easy to use.

Now whenever the TV's get turned on we aren't seeing horror movie ads in the childrens' rooms!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 11:56:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.