ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powersoft T602 - one channel not powering on.  (Read 1105 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Powersoft T602 - one channel not powering on.
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2024, 05:14:16 PM »

Do I need different cables? This is new to me....

So A & H say I can use a standard XLR cable. The mixer is already configured for L&R through AES. So it's as simple as that? One cable to the amp and this carries L and R information??
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 05:21:39 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2024, 05:22:46 PM »

Debbie is heavily invested in Allen and Heath mixers and stageboxes.  The stage boxes do not have AES output. If she uses her QU-PAC and places it on stage, she could then take advantage of it's AES output.
If she adds the AR84 to her QU-Pac, that will give her 32 input channels and 12 returns.

I use the AR2412 but I also own an AB168
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2024, 05:27:34 PM »

So A & H say I can use a standard XLR cable. The mixer is already configured for L&R through AES. So it's as simple as that? One cable to the amp and this carries L and R information??

You need and AES xlr cable. 1 cable will do 2 channels of audio. You will have to tell the amp which channel or AES/EBU to get the information from.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2024, 05:30:17 PM »

EWI has a DMX/AES cable https://www.audiopile.net/DMX-301

Pre-wired:  https://www.audiopile.net/DMX-3E-3-Pin-DMX-Cables-with-EWI-XLR-Cord-Ends_p_7067.html or with genuine Neutrik connectors at a higher price.

If you're feeling thrifty, CAT5e has very similar impedance and capacitance.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2024, 05:34:43 PM »

The mixer is already configured for L&R through AES. So it's as simple as that? One cable to the amp and this carries L and R information??
Yes, You configure 1/2 or 3/4 to see the AES input instead of analog.  Easy front panel control.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2024, 05:48:44 PM »

This is from the manual.... "AES out – 2-channel digital output using a single XLR connection and standard mic (2-core screened) audio cable. It follows the AES (Audio Engineering Society) digital audio standard and can connect to any equipment fitted with an AES input socket. The source to this output is patched using the Setup / Output Patch / Surface screen. Applications include the feed to a PA speaker processor, amplifier, stereo broadcast or recording device equipped with AES input."

So they suggest standard mic cable.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2024, 05:50:18 PM »

EWI has a DMX/AES cable https://www.audiopile.net/DMX-301

Pre-wired:  https://www.audiopile.net/DMX-3E-3-Pin-DMX-Cables-with-EWI-XLR-Cord-Ends_p_7067.html or with genuine Neutrik connectors at a higher price.

If you're feeling thrifty, CAT5e has very similar impedance and capacitance.

Hold on..... it's DMX cable that can be used for AES?  I have lots of those!!!

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2024, 07:53:37 PM »

Hold on..... it's DMX cable that can be used for AES?  I have lots of those!!!

Both AES and DMX spec 110-Ohm cable (vs 75-ish Ohm for regular ol' analog audio cable). So yes, a 3-pin DMX cable is essentially the same as an AES compliant XLR cable.

Will regular analog audio cable work for AES or DMX? Sure, but as with most failures in the digital world, if/when it fails, it will be very noticeable.

Like Tim said, Cat cable is also generally 110-Ohms, which makes it a good candidate for AES, DMX, analog audio, etc, hence the popularity of "Catapult" convertors these days.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2024, 07:53:37 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.