ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Powersoft T602 - one channel not powering on.  (Read 1086 times)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: Powersoft T602 - one channel not powering on.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2024, 09:57:49 AM »

Now I have to work out a selling price for one of the Powersoft amps - I hate pricing gear to sell... Looks like they are $3500 - $3700 new now....WOW!

Amp prices are way up lately, over here a single LA12x is 80% of the price for a single Meyer Panther.
Who would have guessed that Meyer is the cheap option 5 years ago? ;D

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024, 10:12:09 AM »

So, now I have too many amps.

...is that possible  ;) ?

Congrats on getting things sorted.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2024, 10:18:11 AM »

Great move! You will love the DNA amp.

Just set and forget.

No more worrying about tripping breakers or limiters being set correctly, etc etc.
Thanks Nathan....I am so looking forward to hearing the system with the Danley amp. I do believe I got the system sounding darn good with the Powersoft amps but using the amp designed for my system and having the presets ready to go is an exciting concept for me!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2024, 10:37:03 AM »

The reasons I chose the PS amps in the first place over the Danley :
I could use an amp per side (placed next to each stack), allowing for shorter/neater speaker cables runs and of course I could take the stack side opposite to the board using XLRs from the stage box outputs on that side. Now I will have to run long speaker cables to the farthest stack on stage from a more central position where the amps will be placed. Using the D snake outputs also allowed me to run mono subs by using 2 separate L and R feeds - board and Snake. 

Just gotta make some small changes in layout.....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:53:58 AM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2024, 10:57:11 AM »

...is that possible  ;) ?

Congrats on getting things sorted.

Dave

;D

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2024, 01:49:13 PM »

The reasons I chose the PS amps in the first place over the Danley :
I could use an amp per side (placed next to each stack), allowing for shorter/neater speaker cables runs and of course I could take the stack side opposite to the board using XLRs from the stage box outputs on that side. Now I will have to run long speaker cables to the farthest stack on stage from a more central position where the amps will be placed. Using the D snake outputs also allowed me to run mono subs by using 2 separate L and R feeds - board and Snake. 

Just gotta make some small changes in layout.....

I run everything from stage left; amps and stagebox. 
Stagebox has 8ch of AES outs, so two channels per amp go directly into the AES in on the DNAs. 
DNA20k4 to L/R mains, subs, 2 mono front fills. DNA10k4 to L/R side fills, L/R delays. 
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2024, 04:19:31 PM »

I run everything from stage left; amps and stagebox. 
Stagebox has 8ch of AES outs, so two channels per amp go directly into the AES in on the DNAs. 
DNA20k4 to L/R mains, subs, 2 mono front fills. DNA10k4 to L/R side fills, L/R delays.

Debbie is heavily invested in Allen and Heath mixers and stageboxes.  The stage boxes do not have AES output. If she uses her QU-PAC and places it on stage, she could then take advantage of it's AES output.
If she adds the AR84 to her QU-Pac, that will give her 32 input channels and 12 returns.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 04:24:04 PM by Robert Lunceford »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2024, 04:34:37 PM »

Debbie is heavily invested in Allen and Heath mixers and stageboxes.  The stage boxes do not have AES output. If she uses her QU-PAC and places it on stage, she could then take advantage of it's AES output.
If she adds the AR84 to her QU-Pac, that will give her 32 input channels and 12 returns.

Yes ...I am an Allen & Heath girl. I use the QU Pac on the stage and mix wirelessly on my iPad. I have never used AES....

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2024, 05:03:38 PM »

Yes ...I am an Allen & Heath girl. I use the QU Pac on the stage and mix wirelessly on my iPad. I have never used AES....

Look into driving your system with AES, it eliminates a couple conversion stages. I use it to drive my main system DSP, I have the Whirlwind splitter to drive the two system amp racks for a larger set up.
I use a QU Pac as well.

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2024, 05:05:02 PM »

One nice thing about using AES is it eliminates D to A conversion from the mixer and A to D conversion back into the power amp.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2024, 05:05:02 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.