ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: What point source cabinets will do an upgrade SPL wise  (Read 3467 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: What point source cabinets will do an upgrade SPL wise
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2024, 09:01:20 PM »

what amp you need, specs
Who me?  I need DSR112 power amp.

Thanks! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Rolando Saenz

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2024, 11:41:43 PM »

Thanks! 

Ha! Is there any certified shop with techs that know their sh.... So those amps can be repaired, wish Yamaha or some body make em at least to replace broken ones, or you send the bad one and they sent a refurbished one

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2024, 09:57:43 AM »

Thanks! 

I wonder if the problem with them is like what happens with the Power amp in the original QSC K12 speakers. The power supply section had a problem with the solder (it is a known issue) and they needed to be re-soldered. On some of them a couple of large Capacitors do not have enough physical support and the legs would break at the board. So that would need to be fixed, possibly with just redoing the connection and then supported the caps with some heavy use of RTV compound. Some of them just needed to have some of the heavy connections in the Power Supply part re-soldered. I fixed 2 of them that the re-soldering was all I had to do. Those 2 were in an install, I didn’t know about the cap part of the problem when I did the repair. If they were in portable use I would have gone back in and used some RTV compound to support the Large Capacitors.

If you know what you are doing with disassembly and shoulder this wasn't too hard. I am experienced with this kind of thing so for me it was easy.

I was looking for a replacement Power Amp for one of these QRX K12 speakers and was told of this issue with the solder at that time that they were built (some change in either what solder was used or how it was soldered) so I fixed the first one with just re-soldering it and then when I encountered the 2nd one I knew what to do. I was lucky that neither of these had the broken capacitor legs and I only found out about that from a repair shop that I was talking to about something else, after I had fixed them. I am told that these 2 are still in service and working just fine. BTW the symptoms was one of them had been sitting around it was taken out of service because it wouldn’t eve turn on. The second one started shutting down intermittently while in use.  I wonder if this was an industry wide problem in the time period that they were manufactured or just a problem with the QRX K12 speakers.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2024, 09:57:43 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.