Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Shure SCM-810 auto-mixer channel LED's

(1/2) > >>

Scott Hofmann:
I am trying to set up this mixer in the "manual" mixer mode (no auto-mix). When I set DIP switch #1 down (to manual mode), all of the channel activity LED's stay green. Aren't they supposed to just light up just when there is input to each channel or are they simply telling me that each channel is active (on)?

Milt Hathaway:
They just tell you if the automixer has the channel "on". Manual mode just tells the automixer to open them all up.

Mike Caldwell:
For as expensive as those are I never felt the auto mix function worked that well.

Considering for about the same cost or a little less you can get a UI24, QU SB, QU Pac or a CQ 20 with more features and a far better auto mix function.

Kevin Maxwell:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on March 08, 2024, 11:16:01 PM ---For as expensive as those are I never felt the auto mix function worked that well.

Considering for about the same cost or a little less you can get a UI24, QU SB, QU Pac or a CQ 20 with more features and a far better auto mix function.

--- End quote ---

I have used the SCM810 automixers a lot and have had very good results when using them. I was going to copy and paste some of what I have written about that but it was more information than I felt was necessary to make my point. And that is not what the OP was asking. If you are using the SCM810 for the automixing I have found it works best if you engage the Last Mic Lock on feature. It is much smother that way. I mostly used them with a console using the post fader direct outputs of the console to feed the SCM810.

WAY MORE information available on request. BTW I really like the Dugan Method (gain sharing) of Automixing But there have been times that I liked the comparator circuit in the SCM810 and missed it when using the gain sharing method. I also encountered a mixer with built-in automixing that didn’t work as it should and I even spoke to Dan Dugan about it. And he agreed that the behavior I described to him was not how it should have been working.

Scott Hofmann:
Thank you everyone for the information. I see where the "lock last mic on" really smooths out the auto-mixing.
It was an eBay purchase so did not spend the big bucks for a new one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version