Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Baptismal micing techniques

(1/4) > >>

Tim Weaver:
I am currently using a Shure MX418 on a ledge just out of reach of the people in the water. It works, but sounds about like you'd imagine.

I have a Dlive at FOH so an automixing solution is available. Would you prefer a shotgun on each side of the "proscenium" which would be about 5-6 feet away from the speakers, and automix between the two? Or an overhead choir mic type option? Or something else I haven't thought about?

The goal is to completely hide the mic(s) and improve the fidelity. I have no problem with GBF but the fidelity is kinda bad.

John Roberts {JR}:
When using multiple mics you need to look out for comb filtering.

With an automixer you might be able to give one mic priority over the others so they don't present to mix at equal levels (deepest notchs).

JR

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: John Roberts {JR} on March 03, 2024, 01:04:04 PM ---When using multiple mics you need to look out for comb filtering.

With an automixer you might be able to give one mic priority over the others so they don't present to mix at equal levels (deepest notchs).

JR

--- End quote ---

Yeah that was my thought. Unfortunately people enter and exit from both sides and the pastors will face both ways depending on how they enter. I would need two shotguns to do it that way.

John Roberts {JR}:
A wireless mic on the Pastor would eliminate shock risk....

Of course this is not my area of expertise.

JR

Bill McIntosh:
We tried a couple of different options years ago, didn't like any using wired mics. Now we use a regular wireless bodypack in a zip lock bag.  Mic is a countryman and is not easily visible -- baptistry is about 30 feet from first row and 10 feet above the floor.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version