Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

OBS

(1/1)

Al Rettich:
Looking to record program coming out of a ATEM SDI Extreme ISO switcher.  Yes, I know it has USB C to record that, but we’re hoping to record ISO, and someone suggested that I can use OBS to record the program.  Not familiar with the program to make this work.  Will say that our Mac and ATEM are on a hardwired switch together.  TIA.

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Al Rettich on March 02, 2024, 07:03:00 AM ---Looking to record program coming out of a ATEM SDI Extreme ISO switcher.  Yes, I know it has USB C to record that, but we’re hoping to record ISO, and someone suggested that I can use OBS to record the program.  Not familiar with the program to make this work.  Will say that our Mac and ATEM are on a hardwired switch together.  TIA.

--- End quote ---
The ATEM will record the switched show, the audio AND the ISO feeds all in 1080 to the SSD.  You just need to enable the ISO recording in the control app.
Look on YT for Aaron Parecki or Photo Joseph for tutorials.

Tracy Garner:

--- Quote from: Al Rettich on March 02, 2024, 07:03:00 AM ---Looking to record program coming out of a ATEM SDI Extreme ISO switcher.  Yes, I know it has USB C to record that, but we’re hoping to record ISO, and someone suggested that I can use OBS to record the program.  Not familiar with the program to make this work.  Will say that our Mac and ATEM are on a hardwired switch together.  TIA.

--- End quote ---

OBS Source Record isn't that stable. OBS regular Program Record is great.
If you use ISO Recording from the ATEM, I recommend saving to a data drive and not a drive that shares operating system duties.

Tim McCulloch:

--- End quote ---

The whole purpose of the ISO model was to do exactly what you describe.  Follow the directions and it should just work.  Use a separate drive to record to, as Tracy G suggests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version