Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Midas M32-IP console - rebooting itself?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Dan Mortensen on February 27, 2024, 09:45:11 PM ---

But I do believe they are making lower cost versions of their own products. Oh, and the M32 Live felt cheaper than the older M32Rs. More lighter duty or something. Still working, though.

--- End quote ---

No...they would never do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Costa:

--- Quote from: Dan Mortensen on February 27, 2024, 09:45:11 PM ---I haven't gotten a new console of any sort since pre-pandemic by a year or two, but I did get a full size X32 and it looked and felt very different from the earlier ones.

The earlier ones all had hidden screws holding the faders and other bits in place, the new one had screw heads visible all over the place. Some knobs were a little different, too.

That was as far as I got into it, and that one was sold off once I realized I didn't really need full-size consoles anymore.

But I do believe they are making lower cost versions of their own products. Oh, and the M32 Live felt cheaper than the older M32Rs. More lighter duty or something. Still working, though.

--- End quote ---

I did notice that on my X32 (early 2013 model) its has the clear plastic surface buttons and later models they changed it to white rubberized surface buttons, which in my guess they were less prone to sticking. I had a buttons on my X32 that stuck when pressed and had to use tape to pop it back up. Eventually I ended up cleaning them and worked out.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Sam Costa on February 28, 2024, 01:42:43 PM ---I did notice that on my X32 (early 2013 model) its has the clear plastic surface buttons and later models they changed it to white rubberized surface buttons, which in my guess they were less prone to sticking. I had a buttons on my X32 that stuck when pressed and had to use tape to pop it back up. Eventually I ended up cleaning them and worked out.

--- End quote ---

Sam,

Been following this closely in case there is a gotcha lurking.  Most of our consoles are about 2013-25 vintage.  I like the rubber buttons better too.  Before Behringer stopped selling parts we were able to put together a nice stash of faders for the x32 and m32.  We have had to use a few, mostly on club rigs.  The cased up mixers stay in nice shape.  I used one at a winterfest in 20 degree temps this weekend without any issue at all and I was marveling and how a 10 year old mixer that cost so little has held up.  The M32 I was running had a heck of a dent in the corner too.  I have no idea what happened.

Keep the updates coming, especially if you are able to connect the UPS.

Scott

Sam Costa:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on February 28, 2024, 02:29:54 PM ---
Sam,

Been following this closely in case there is a gotcha lurking.  Most of our consoles are about 2013-25 vintage.  I like the rubber buttons better too.  Before Behringer stopped selling parts we were able to put together a nice stash of faders for the x32 and m32.  We have had to use a few, mostly on club rigs.  The cased up mixers stay in nice shape.  I used one at a winterfest in 20 degree temps this weekend without any issue at all and I was marveling and how a 10 year old mixer that cost so little has held up.  The M32 I was running had a heck of a dent in the corner too.  I have no idea what happened.

Keep the updates coming, especially if you are able to connect the UPS.

Scott

--- End quote ---

Hey Scott, I work this venue every year for an SCU gala and it wasn't there last year. This console (M32) looked pretty new when i connected with the house tech he never heard of this issue. I'm not sure if its used throughout the hotel in different ballrooms throughout the year but he seemed like it wasn't a big deal and said he would give the info to their administrator and send out for service (maybe it's happened before?)
In any case, I sent him an email yesterday and asked that they place it on a UPS first before sending it out, whether they do that I wont know.
MY old X32 is still rockin, it's been through the ringer a few times and still powers up just fine.,

Mine should be coming in  weeks and I certainly will have it on a UPS within my rack. Hopefully I dont run into this type of problem.. I hate carrying extra backup gear.  ;D

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Sam Costa on February 28, 2024, 04:37:27 PM ---Hey Scott, I work this venue every year for an SCU gala and it wasn't there last year. This console (M32) looked pretty new when i connected with the house tech he never heard of this issue. I'm not sure if its used throughout the hotel in different ballrooms throughout the year but he seemed like it wasn't a big deal and said he would give the info to their administrator and send out for service (maybe it's happened before?)
In any case, I sent him an email yesterday and asked that they place it on a UPS first before sending it out, whether they do that I wont know.
MY old X32 is still rockin, it's been through the ringer a few times and still powers up just fine.,

Mine should be coming in  weeks and I certainly will have it on a UPS within my rack. Hopefully I dont run into this type of problem.. I hate carrying extra backup gear.  ;D

--- End quote ---
Thanks Sam appreciate that I didnít realize it was your gear.

I am not in love with M/X32 but as Tim says itís the devil we know.  You can toss a stone and find a tech to run one here in Cleveland and I would say 90%of the clubs have them. 

We have installed about 20 of them installed and own 8 or 9.  We replace a few fader banks and and I/O board thatís it so I do roll my eyes when people disparage them.  You need diamond cutters and plow horses.  Itís a great plow horse.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version