ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: logging in..  (Read 3551 times)

Bob Stone

Re: logging in..
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2024, 11:18:54 AM »

Eventually fails no matter the browser...this is clearly a forum side problem.

Do you guys honestly not know why it's banning people? There's gotta be only so many ways a ban can happen.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2024, 10:26:50 PM »

Long shot, but the issue could be a (or some) browser plugins.

We use all Linux in our house with the Brave browser, so my experience may be different.  My wife had login issues with some sites, which was tracked down to a plugin that had not been upgraded in a year.

1.  Disable all the plugins and then try logging in.  If you can login, there's an issue with one of the plugins. Trial and error from there.
2.  Depending on the browser, some plugins may need to be reinstalled (forcing an updated plugin to be installed); it's possible some plugins don't get upgraded automatically which results in the browser using outdated (and possibly unstable) plugins.  Go through each plugin, select it to see if there's an updated version available.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2024, 06:41:10 AM »

Long shot, but the issue could be a (or some) browser plugins.

We use all Linux in our house with the Brave browser, so my experience may be different.  My wife had login issues with some sites, which was tracked down to a plugin that had not been upgraded in a year.

1.  Disable all the plugins and then try logging in.  If you can login, there's an issue with one of the plugins. Trial and error from there.
2.  Depending on the browser, some plugins may need to be reinstalled (forcing an updated plugin to be installed); it's possible some plugins don't get upgraded automatically which results in the browser using outdated (and possibly unstable) plugins.  Go through each plugin, select it to see if there's an updated version available.
Interesting idea but I have had the same plugins on both browsers for quite a while now.
Better things to do with my time that troubleshoot problems with just one site.
Logging in from incognito page now. All good.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2024, 03:28:41 PM »

Oh, hey, we're back! Whatever was broken for me, seems to be fixed. I was 'banned' on my office computer, but not on my cell phone for a couple of weeks there. Meant to try tethering my computer to my phone, and try that, but never remembered to try when I was off site. I don't have cell reception in my office, unfortunately.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2024, 08:36:00 AM »

Oh, hey, we're back! Whatever was broken for me, seems to be fixed. I was 'banned' on my office computer, but not on my cell phone for a couple of weeks there. Meant to try tethering my computer to my phone, and try that, but never remembered to try when I was off site. I don't have cell reception in my office, unfortunately.

Well, giving it a try again.  After reading your post I Logged in from the house last night for a few minutes
I'm at the office now.
For the last couple of days I was able to load and read the site, but not log in at the office, and was blocked completely from the house.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2024, 08:36:00 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.