Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

EV teasing something new

<< < (2/2)

Bob Stone:

--- Quote from: Kelly Mcguire on March 01, 2024, 10:50:00 AM ---People are complaining online? Such a surprise  8)

Seems like they have put in some nice additions. Was there a ZLX8 before?
Additional monitor angles are nice. Extra handles always good. Says more output and “premium” components inside. I didn’t see if there are two stand mounting angles, I really love that in my QSC and DXR.
More fancy DSP with meters scares me. Perhaps it shouldn’t but at this price point… I’m not the target buyer however. I use the delay feature in K.2 all the time but little else. I suppose more stuff in the speakers means a simpler mixer upstream.

--- End quote ---

I've used the EQ on my K.2's to ring out the box slightly when using a mic plugged in directly for simple public address purposes...so they're handy to have at times, not for system eq as much as when you're not deploying anything else but the box. Agreed the delays are handy, so easy to throw K.2's up for delay speakers.

Thomas Le:

--- Quote from: Kelly Mcguire on March 01, 2024, 10:50:00 AM ---People are complaining online? Such a surprise  8)

Seems like they have put in some nice additions. Was there a ZLX8 before?
Additional monitor angles are nice. Extra handles always good. Says more output and “premium” components inside. I didn’t see if there are two stand mounting angles, I really love that in my QSC and DXR.
More fancy DSP with meters scares me. Perhaps it shouldn’t but at this price point… I’m not the target buyer however. I use the delay feature in K.2 all the time but little else. I suppose more stuff in the speakers means a simpler mixer upstream.

--- End quote ---

It gained a tilt back but lost a side wedge angle if someone wanted the HF portion to be closer due to the amp module occupying the side now. The amp module looks like from the everse live, so I guess now the everse line is basically the battery version of the zlx gen 2.

I'm indifferent to EV since I am a JBL/Yamaha house but competition is good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version