Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

EV teasing something new

(1/2) > >>

Nate Zifra:
FYI,

EV posted on their social media accounts a graphic that says "The Real Deal is coming soon" with a blurred image of what looks to be a point source speaker

With added text "A big drop is incoming.  We're bringing you the best performance, features, and connectivity on 2.29.24."

Nate Zifra:
Looks like a refresh (Gen 2) of ZLX

https://products.electrovoice.com/na/en/zlx-portable-loudspeakers/?utm_source=ev&utm_medium=homepage-banner

--- Quote from: Nate Zifra on February 23, 2024, 09:01:55 AM ---FYI,

EV posted on their social media accounts a graphic that says "The Real Deal is coming soon" with a blurred image of what looks to be a point source speaker

With added text "A big drop is incoming.  We're bringing you the best performance, features, and connectivity on 2.29.24."

--- End quote ---

Thomas Le:
Alot of people on EV facebook page are up in arms about this update. They're complaining about "EV isn't innovating" etc. etc., some are being specific on wanting a more powerful evolve model.

Nate Zifra:
I think, whether intentional or not, the hype and teasing was a little over top, which is why disappointment is the initial reaction.  Objectively, it appears they have packed a lot of functionality into an entry level speaker, and kept the cost point in line with the previous generation.  Over the past couple years, they've done a great job with their Evolve line, and arguably their battery powered Everse line as well. I'm curious if they'll try to compete on the entry level Line Array arena (SRX, L Class) in the future.

I'll always have a soft spot for EV, they were the very first speakers I owned back in the day.

--- Quote from: Thomas Le on February 29, 2024, 04:25:27 PM ---Alot of people on EV facebook page are up in arms about this update. They're complaining about "EV isn't innovating" etc. etc., some are being specific on wanting a more powerful evolve model.

--- End quote ---

Kelly Mcguire:

--- Quote from: Thomas Le on February 29, 2024, 04:25:27 PM ---Alot of people on EV facebook page are up in arms about this update. They're complaining about "EV isn't innovating" etc. etc., some are being specific on wanting a more powerful evolve model.

--- End quote ---

People are complaining online? Such a surprise  8)

Seems like they have put in some nice additions. Was there a ZLX8 before?
Additional monitor angles are nice. Extra handles always good. Says more output and “premium” components inside. I didn’t see if there are two stand mounting angles, I really love that in my QSC and DXR.
More fancy DSP with meters scares me. Perhaps it shouldn’t but at this price point… I’m not the target buyer however. I use the delay feature in K.2 all the time but little else. I suppose more stuff in the speakers means a simpler mixer upstream.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version