Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Advice needed for new sound system for prayer hall

<< < (2/4) > >>

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: zamanali on February 19, 2024, 09:42:24 PM ---I really apologize if i am misunderstanding you.

zamanali is my real name.  is there anything i need to upload to proof it somewhere on this forum?

--- End quote ---

I don't need to see a legal document.  You have no first name? 

Keep in mind that threads  to help pickout a pair of powered speakers comes out once a week at least.  You should be able to find one in the archive and ask some question based on that.

Sorry if I made an assumption on your surname.. 

zamanali:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on February 20, 2024, 01:56:40 AM ---
I don't need to see a legal document.  You have no first name? 

Keep in mind that threads  to help pickout a pair of powered speakers comes out once a week at least.  You should be able to find one in the archive and ask some question based on that.

Sorry if I made an assumption on your surname..

--- End quote ---

Our old culture did not have the concept of having surname or given name, i was just given this name.
But new passports do separate them into Zaman and Ali.

Its okay, ur asking didn't offend.  Its just cultural difference.

Just a quick question, if 2 separate zones are required to have speakers with separate controls, then is the amplifier required to have 2 channels?

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: zamanali on February 20, 2024, 06:41:28 AM ---Our old culture did not have the concept of having surname or given name, i was just given this name.
But new passports do separate them into Zaman and Ali.

Its okay, ur asking didn't offend.  Its just cultural difference.

Just a quick question, if 2 separate zones are required to have speakers with separate controls, then is the amplifier required to have 2 channels?

--- End quote ---

Passive speakers I assume?  Then yes each zone needs an amp channel. 

Dave Pluke:

--- Quote from: zamanali on February 19, 2024, 08:34:31 PM ---Also advice needed how to choose speakers, i.e. what specs and features will best suit for prayers purpose ..

--- End quote ---

Help us understand; are the prayers spoken or sung? Will any instrumentation be amplified through the same speakers?
How loud will it need to get?

Dave

zamanali:

--- Quote from: Dave Pluke on February 22, 2024, 02:55:58 PM ---Help us understand; are the prayers spoken or sung? Will any instrumentation be amplified through the same speakers?
How loud will it need to get?

Dave

--- End quote ---

The prayers are recited, its quite different from either speaking or singing.  There are specific rules and structure in recitation.
Can I share a link here to clarify, please see a sample of recitation in below link:
https://youtu.be/1_n0uBP4rxo?si=9piZtVukGzLgh2Mk

There are absolutely no instrumentation played as they are prohibited, only pure vocals.  The loudness in above clip should be uniformly heard at all corners of the prayer hall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version