Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Advice needed for new sound system for prayer hall

<< < (4/4)

Weogo Reed:
Hi Zamanali,

For the recitation,  aim the mic directly at the reciter's mouth, and have their mouth a little closer to the microphone.
This will lower the potential for feedback, and improve vocal clarity.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Dave Pluke:

--- Quote from: zamanali on February 25, 2024, 09:43:36 AM ---I worry that it would get too loud and unbearable for the person who is closes to the speaker, hopefully the smaller speaker would not be unpleasant.
--- End quote ---

I agree that multiple, smaller speakers located throughout the space will provide the best results in that space. That might suggest configuring a 70volt system.

--- Quote from: zamanali --- How small should i go?  What power range in watts should i be looking for in the smaller speakers?

--- End quote ---

I would suggest not fixating on wattage, as manufacturer's specs can vary from precise to absurd.  Look for a reputable brand speaker with reasonably flat frequency response from approximately 80Hz to 6-8kHz. If the ceiling will not permit recessed mounting, look for speakers that have their own enclosures.

Dave

zamanali:

--- Quote from: Dave Pluke on February 27, 2024, 09:10:30 PM ---I agree that multiple, smaller speakers located throughout the space will provide the best results in that space. That might suggest configuring a 70volt system.

I would suggest not fixating on wattage, as manufacturer's specs can vary from precise to absurd.  Look for a reputable brand speaker with reasonably flat frequency response from approximately 80Hz to 6-8kHz. If the ceiling will not permit recessed mounting, look for speakers that have their own enclosures.

Dave

--- End quote ---

I just want to update that i got the EuroSound EU-MA120 Amplifier together with EuroSound Ceiling Speakers BMCS20T/FDS.  I am now just waiting for the cables to arrive to complete the system. 
Even though earlier I planned for supplying sound to two separate zones with their own controls, but i ended up with single output with this amplifier.
I wonder if i still have an option to configure controls separately for two different zones.

Dave Pluke:

--- Quote from: zamanali on March 04, 2024, 01:24:54 PM ---I just want to update that i got the EuroSound EU-MA120 Amplifier together with EuroSound Ceiling Speakers BMCS20T/FDS.

I wonder if i still have an option to configure controls separately for two different zones.

--- End quote ---

That's a mono amp, so the simplest way to get two zones would be to add a second one and link the inputs.

Dave

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Dave Pluke on March 06, 2024, 06:08:10 PM ---That's a mono amp, so the simplest way to get two zones would be to add a second one and link the inputs.

Dave

--- End quote ---

Or use 70V/100V volume controls if the zones you need to control only have a few speakers per zone.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version