Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Seismic Quad 18ís

<< < (4/4)

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on February 14, 2024, 12:45:33 AM ---
I find most of Peavey's bad rep was operator error. Inexperienced operators.

--- End quote ---
I have been saying this for years.

The tool get blamed for a bad operator/user.

Because of the price, Peavey was often chosen by beginner musicians, and their inexperience/talent shows up in the overall sound, and the PA gear is blamed.

That part of Peaveys reputation is not deserved.

They made gear that would take a beating and just keep on going, working gig after gig.

I now everybody has their own thoughts ideas, but that is mine.

For what is worth, I have only owed 2 pieces of Peavey gear over my almost 50 years in the industry, so I am not trying to  justify my investments, just my feeling about the overall products, especially the older products

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on February 14, 2024, 12:45:33 AM ---I dunno Steve. Throw a CS-800 on those SP-3's, and you could run the snot out of them all day long.
They COULD sound pretty good if you knew what you were doing.
I find most of Peavey's bad rep was operator error. Inexperienced operators.
I had 6 1545's, bi-amped with MX-1500 and CS-100's. No one turned them down, once they heard them.
My 24x6 Audio-Link gave 30 years of trouble free service.
Chris.

--- End quote ---

I would have to agree with those statements. I heard many of them that sounded like dogschitt, however they were bands with a mixer sitting on the sidelines and the singer would walk over and twist a knob or move a fader every couple of songs.

The CS-800's were decent amps in their day.

John L Nobile:
What surprises me besides the 1/4" inputs as well as NL4's? is the price. $1799.00 for a 4 speaker 18" sub? I'm sure you'll get what you pay for.

Robert Lunceford:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on February 10, 2024, 07:01:09 AM ---.... to give a soft landing to Accordions and Banjo's. 8)
Chris.

--- End quote ---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRWuEnjfYTE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version