ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please explain the Digico console lineup to me?  (Read 1903 times)

Jim McKeveny

Re: Please explain the Digico console lineup to me?
« Reply #40 on: Today at 10:29:26 AM »

Everyone has a show file for M/X32.

Used to say that about the M7CL..

John L Nobile

« Reply #41 on: Today at 10:46:55 AM »

Really? At this point how can anything sound "a lot" better, or even different, than anything else. Especially between two consoles that share a parent company and ostensibly a good chunk of r&d and hardware? I've been on both, albeit not at the same time. I'd be interested to hear the basis for this conclusion.

3 weeks ago I rented an SD10 for the band. The difference between the sound of trax played through that board compared to what I was used to hearing through my X32 was night and day. That's why I'm looking for a new console now. I really don't want to use an X32 again.

I just got a Profile delivered for this Saturday's band. Hoping to find some time to play with it. I'll probably have to re eq the mains as they're setup with the X32.

The BE has an SL6 and no other options in his rider but he's good with the Profile so that saved us a few bucks. Hoping Profiles/SC48's are still acceptable for a few more years.

Brandon Wright

« Reply #42 on: Today at 04:33:46 PM »

Try mixing a few shows on them in controlled listening environments and listen to the basic operation of EQ and comps. :) (Not talking about reverbs here,  that has it's own can of worms).
To my ears, they behave differently, and they are voiced differently.
Good/bad? Depends on your application.
Digico SD, as an example, has a super clean EQ. Perfect if you want it, I just find it plain boring for mixing music.

Sure, I'll buy all of that. There are certainly personal preferences that may steer an individual one way or the other. But to say that an s21/s31 sounds "a lot" better than   a d-live (insert any professional desk du jour) is sensational. Maybe I just don't have the golden ears, as I'm sure my mix sucked equally on both/all of them.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #43 on: Today at 05:42:43 PM »

Sure, I'll buy all of that. There are certainly personal preferences that may steer an individual one way or the other. But to say that an s21/s31 sounds "a lot" better than   a d-live (insert any professional desk du jour) is sensational. Maybe I just don't have the golden ears, as I'm sure my mix sucked equally on both/all of them.

To my ears, d:live has all the features you want, but not all the sound quality.
Mixed hundreds of shows on them, can make it do what I need it to do, but it doesnít get any praise for itís sound quality. I find it pretty meh, very boring and uninspiring to mix on.

S31 OTOH was a very pleasant suprise once I got comfortable with the GUI.
Not a SD, but not bad at all.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #43 on: Today at 05:42:43 PM ¬Ľ

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.