Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Midas M32 Major Malfunction

(1/1)

Randall Woolsey:
Hello,

Yesterday, an hour before our first service and during sound check, our Midas M32 had a major malfunction. A loud and ear piercing shrill came through all of the teams IEM's and we had channels on the console switch what was going to them For example - vocal mic #2 suddenly showed up on the fader controls for Overhead drum mic L. Another channel for the floor tom mic suddenly switched to being controlled on the channel for our wireless headset mic for our pastor. It is like something happened to that saved scene that we always use for our main services. We tried a bunch of different stuff, but ended up switching to another scene and resaving all of the settings. It seemed to work, but we still experienced a few more "glitches" as the service went on later. Has anyone ever even seen or heard anything like that happening? Thank you.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Randall on January 29, 2024, 10:49:30 AM ---Hello,

Yesterday, an hour before our first service and during sound check, our Midas M32 had a major malfunction. A loud and ear piercing shrill came through all of the teams IEM's and we had channels on the console switch what was going to them For example - vocal mic #2 suddenly showed up on the fader controls for Overhead drum mic L. Another channel for the floor tom mic suddenly switched to being controlled on the channel for our wireless headset mic for our pastor. It is like something happened to that saved scene that we always use for our main services. We tried a bunch of different stuff, but ended up switching to another scene and resaving all of the settings. It seemed to work, but we still experienced a few more "glitches" as the service went on later. Has anyone ever even seen or heard anything like that happening? Thank you.

--- End quote ---


You may have not noticed this on top of every page :

" Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums "[/size][/font]
[/size][size=0px]Perhaps you thought you were exempt, you are not.  In order to access the experts on this forum this simple rule must be complied with.  [/size]

Randall Woolsey:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on January 29, 2024, 11:36:09 AM ---
You may have not noticed this on top of every page :

" Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums "[/size][/font]
[/size][size=0px]Perhaps you thought you were exempt, you are not.  In order to access the experts on this forum this simple rule must be complied with.  [/size]

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Scott Holtzman. I actually did not see that, but I have since corrected it. Thank you for letting me know that, because I really do need some help trying to figure this out. I do not think I am exempt from any guidelines. Simply an oversight.

Brian Jojade:
First thing I'd do is reinitialize the console and make sure the firmware is up to date.

It sounds like you've got several scenes set up.  Do you have these saved to external drives?  If somehow a scene got corrupted, re-loading from an external drive should be relatively simple.

As far as what caused this, well, it could be a glitch OR it could be someone on your network mucking with stuff.  Is this device on a SECURE network?

I've gotten into SO many audio networks that I shouldn't have had access to.  Someone that wants to do bad things in those cases certainly could.

Randall Woolsey:

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on January 29, 2024, 06:08:03 PM ---First thing I'd do is reinitialize the console and make sure the firmware is up to date.

It sounds like you've got several scenes set up.  Do you have these saved to external drives?  If somehow a scene got corrupted, re-loading from an external drive should be relatively simple.

As far as what caused this, well, it could be a glitch OR it could be someone on your network mucking with stuff.  Is this device on a SECURE network?

I've gotten into SO many audio networks that I shouldn't have had access to.  Someone that wants to do bad things in those cases certainly could.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Brian, for the response. We definitely have several scenes set up and thankfully we do have them all saved to an external drive. I think the last backup / save was December 31, 2023 and everything was good then. We will take your advice and reinitialize the console and reload those saved settings. As far as the secure network - I am 100% unsure. I will look into that and correct it if needed. Thank you again for the suggestions. I'll get to work on those today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version