ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: New Stage Plot tool for creating stage plans  (Read 6079 times)

Jonathan Hole

• Sound Resume
Re: New Stage Plot tool for creating stage plans
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 04:59:38 PM »

Hello Jonathan, the new functionality is now working that adds a free text field below the channel list to further customize the Stage Plot! Thanks

That's great...I saved a plot and will keep working on it as you add features!

Carlos Lasuen

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 01:37:20 PM »

Hello! We have just included some new instruments that you suggested and others that we had planned before: Multi-effects pedals, drum machines, keytar, subsnakes, music stand, banjo, mandolin, steel guitar, congas, bongos, timbales, cowbell, ukulele, Mexican guitarron, bandurria, four Venezuelan, timpani, marimba, vibraphone and some more.

We are evaluating the rest of the suggestions that implement new functionalities to decide which will be included in the roadmap for future developments. There is a lot of work to do and some of the functionalities are not completely clear to us and others take a lot of time to develop. That's why we are going step by step improving the application a little every day.

I would like to respond to all your suggestions one by one but many are reaching me through various channels and I cannot answer them all but rest assured that we will keep them all in mind.

I very much appreciate your comments.

Thanks!!!

Carlos Lasuen

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2024, 01:48:05 PM »

Hello Andrew, you can change the numbers to another number if you want. This allows, for example, to put the same instrument on 2 lines but assigned to the same channel (sometimes technicians want to duplicate a channel to make a different EQ on monitors)

If you delete the number but there is text on the line, the text will still appear in the pdf. This allows you to freely use the lines for other things that you want.

Thanks!

• Blank channels should still show on plot, not sure if there's a use-case for changing the channel numbers to be out of sequence?

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2024, 02:46:16 PM »

We are evaluating the rest of the suggestions that implement new functionalities to decide which will be included in the roadmap for future developments. There is a lot of work to do and some of the functionalities are not completely clear to us and others take a lot of time to develop. That's why we are going step by step improving the application a little every day.

I would like to respond to all your suggestions one by one but many are reaching me through various channels and I cannot answer them all but rest assured that we will keep them all in mind.
What is the best way for you to receive feedback then? Let us know what works for you.
If you need clarification on any of my suggestions, please let me know.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2024, 02:52:31 PM »

Hello Andrew, you can change the numbers to another number if you want. This allows, for example, to put the same instrument on 2 lines but assigned to the same channel
I would humbly suggest that you DON'T do this. What I'm hoping is that if you make a good product that's easy to use, then bands will finally have a way to give us decent stage plots. Your use case should be primarily for bands travelling WITHOUT technicians. All of us technicians can create a good stage plot without the program, the problem is that most bands don't know how to make a proper stage plot.
For that reason, I would HIGHLY recommend that you don't allow things like changing channel assignments whereby a band could list things out-of-order and cause confusion when the technician receives it.
It would be better to "force" bands to do things in a consistent way, thereby allowing the technician to have an easy read of the information.
This is what's REALLY missing on most stage plot software, a guided way for bands to create a consistent, organized plot that's easy for a technician to look at and get all the information they need, and organized.
I hope that you consider this direction (make it easy for bands to do a PROPER stage plot) rather than a configurable, feature-laden version for technicians. This is what is so lacking right now.
-Andy

Carlos Lasuen

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2024, 02:59:27 PM »

What is the best way for you to receive feedback then? Let us know what works for you.
If you need clarification on any of my suggestions, please let me know.

Hi Andrew, it's good to receive feedback through this forum but since we are receiving a large number of requests through other channels as well, we cannot evaluate all the features in depth now or respond to each of the requests separately.

Even so, we are writing them all down in our roadmap to evaluate them all and study them when the time comes in an order of priorities that I am establishing.

I really value your collaboration and that will make the final application great! But we have to be patient because our resources are limited.

Thanks!

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2024, 03:28:04 PM »

Love what you've done so far. It looks great. A few tweaks and you'll have something really great!
-Andy

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2024, 03:55:35 PM »

I would humbly suggest that you DON'T do this. What I'm hoping is that if you make a good product that's easy to use, then bands will finally have a way to give us decent stage plots. Your use case should be primarily for bands travelling WITHOUT technicians. All of us technicians can create a good stage plot without the program, the problem is that most bands don't know how to make a proper stage plot.
For that reason, I would HIGHLY recommend that you don't allow things like changing channel assignments whereby a band could list things out-of-order and cause confusion when the technician receives it.
It would be better to "force" bands to do things in a consistent way, thereby allowing the technician to have an easy read of the information.
This is what's REALLY missing on most stage plot software, a guided way for bands to create a consistent, organized plot that's easy for a technician to look at and get all the information they need, and organized.
I hope that you consider this direction (make it easy for bands to do a PROPER stage plot) rather than a configurable, feature-laden version for technicians. This is what is so lacking right now.

Maybe have EASY and IN-DEPTH modes?
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2024, 07:58:56 PM »

From the perspective of a house tech at a 400cap backwoods venue I 100,000% agree with Andrew.  Keep it simple, straightforward, and easy to use.  What I need from incoming bands is where does everybody stand, where are the vocals, amps, drums and where do you need power.  If you’re running your own ears and have a split great, else, where would you like monitors.  Including an input list is also helpful (though I’ll very likely ignore their channel numbers).  Patching/routing is my balliwick thank you very much ;-)
..db

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2024, 12:16:35 PM »

From the perspective of a house tech at a 400cap backwoods venue I 100,000% agree with Andrew.  Keep it simple, straightforward, and easy to use.  What I need from incoming bands is where does everybody stand, where are the vocals, amps, drums and where do you need power.  If you’re running your own ears and have a split great, else, where would you like monitors.  Including an input list is also helpful (though I’ll very likely ignore their channel numbers).  Patching/routing is my balliwick thank you very much ;-)
Thank you!!
I would further suggest that if you really want to add lighting or other "non-stage-plot" type of things, maybe have that as a paid option or something? Again, hoping to lead bands towards making a real stage plot that gives we technicians the information we need by keeping it all really simple and automating some stuff.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:07:45 PM by Andrew Broughton »
-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2024, 12:16:35 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.