Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

PK Sound - Robotic Multi-axis Line Array? Whoa…

(1/5) > >>

Sam Costa:
This should be interesting! :)

https://pksound.live/

Keith Broughton:
There was a system similar to this released a few years back but I have not seen one in the wild.
It's a cleaver idea that makes an inherently expensive speaker system even more costly!
Having read some of the advertising copy, you would think this is the only system to solve some of the common problems with line arrays(rolls eyes)
However, it seems to me that adjusting the physical array to meet coverage requirements is better than using time (delay) between the array components as some system do.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Sam Costa on January 25, 2024, 11:07:13 PM ---This should be interesting! :)

https://pksound.live/

--- End quote ---

One of the "Broadway" audio shops did a similar mod to a Meyer line array over a decade ago.

On a theatrical musical, I can see this to a certain extent:  the PA towers go in long before system tuning, and if there is an error with the prediction it will be almost impossible to re-set the PA because so much scenic and LX stuff is now in the way.  For an EDM event that PK tends to specialize in?  Not so much, me thinks, but the ability to do it in real time may be appealing to some production companies.

Helge A Bentsen:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on January 26, 2024, 08:18:05 AM ---One of the "Broadway" audio shops did a similar mod to a Meyer line array over a decade ago.

On a theatrical musical, I can see this to a certain extent:  the PA towers go in long before system tuning, and if there is an error with the prediction it will be almost impossible to re-set the PA because so much scenic and LX stuff is now in the way.  For an EDM event that PK tends to specialize in?  Not so much, me thinks, but the ability to do it in real time may be appealing to some production companies.

--- End quote ---

Venues who redo their audience areas between shows would probably benefit.
Standing/seated/flat floor/raked seating etc...

Brad Harris:
Beware of the Dynamics software, it installs a program called "Mono" that ... basically gives your computer mono ... uses up unused cores and kills your battery life.

Uninstall it, and the program will still work, it uses a different version, that doesn't idle your available resources.

Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version