Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Problem with mixer placement

(1/3) > >>

Otoniel Perez:
Hi, my name is Otoniel, Im from a church located in Gran Canaria, Spain.

Currently in our church it is impossible for us to place the mixer in front of the speakers we have. We have put this in a second floor and totally isolated from the speakers, my question comes in if there is any way to get the main mix to headphones or monitors or any other recommendation to make the mix for the audience because right now it is almost impossible for us to make a good mix, attached image of where the mixer is placed (you can see the bottom right).

What could we do in this sitation?

Kevin Maxwell:
Is it a digital mixer? Most of them now are able to be controlled with a phone or a tablet and that would allow you to position yourself in a better location. If only to get an idea of how it sounds in a different location.

Otoniel Perez:

--- Quote from: Kevin Maxwell on January 21, 2024, 06:32:06 PM ---Is it a digital mixer? Most of them now are able to be controlled with a phone or a tablet and that would allow you to position yourself in a better location. If only to get an idea of how it sounds in a different location.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately it is not a digital mixer, we are working with a Behringer eurodesk SX4882

Mike Caldwell:
Trust me you are not alone with designers / people thinking they know better and putting the mixer in a location where you can not hear what the system really sounds like!

How many mic input channels are you using on the SX4882?

There are lots of compact digital mixers available that as mentioned can be controlled remotely from the main floor.
As a bonus you could greatly reduce the space in the balcony that is taken up by your mixer now.

Otoniel Perez:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on January 22, 2024, 09:06:25 AM ---Trust me you are not alone with designers / people thinking they know better and putting the mixer in a location where you can not hear what the system really sounds like!

How many mic input channels are you using on the SX4882?

There are lots of compact digital mixers available that as mentioned can be controlled remotely from the main floor.
As a bonus you could greatly reduce the space in the balcony that is taken up by your mixer now.

--- End quote ---

We are currently using all the 24 inputs of the mixer. We are thinking buying the Behringer x32 but this is in a medium/long term. I wold like to at least have a good environment for mixing with this mixwr where it is located before buying the X32.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version