Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

70v install question

(1/1)

Thomas Le:
I got a project calling for a 70v bell/announcement system. The amp will be a TOA A-906MK2 so 60w total output. Speakers will be JBL 8128, so 6w tap. Rule of thumb says do up to "80% capacity", so 8 speakers for 48w total.
Can I split to do 4 speakers going one direction and 4 speakers going the other direction? Reason being is that the TOA will be installed at the center of the building which is where the "electronics room" is at.
Sorry for the stupid question, all new to me...

Milt Hathaway:

--- Quote from: Thomas Le on January 15, 2024, 05:51:53 PM ---Can I split to do 4 speakers going one direction and 4 speakers going the other direction?

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. So long as every speaker is connected parallel to the others and the amp, the system will work as predicted. That's one of the joys of 70v systems.

Brian Jojade:
Yup, with the single output of that amp, you simply need to make sure all speakers are in parallel.

70v systems are SO easy that it confuses people sometimes. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version