Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

Decent IEC cables

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Brian Adams on January 06, 2024, 09:19:01 PM ---I've used several hundred Monoprice IEC cables over the years and they've been great.

--- End quote ---

That's where these were from. Got 15.  8 bad so far. 6 were bad straight out of the box. Two quit after their first use.

Frank Koenig:

--- Quote from: Bob Faulkner on January 06, 2024, 08:51:36 PM ---Here's an option:
https://www.stayonline.com/category/c-nema-straight-blade-cords.asp
--- End quote ---

Iíve bought short IEC cords and other stuff from Stayonline. Always happy. --Frank

Brian Adams:

--- Quote from: Kemper Watson on January 07, 2024, 06:30:50 AM ---That's where these were from. Got 15.  8 bad so far. 6 were bad straight out of the box. Two quit after their first use.

--- End quote ---

Wow, that's disappointing. I wonder what changed since the last time I bought them. I've used literally hundreds of their IEC's over the years and I don't remember a single bad one.

Did you get in touch with the company? They're usually very responsive. At least in my experience.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Kemper Watson on January 07, 2024, 06:30:50 AM ---That's where these were from. Got 15.  8 bad so far. 6 were bad straight out of the box. Two quit after their first use.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like Monoprice got a bad batch from somewhere. There's no question that they have to be using various OEMs to keep their prices so low. I've bought a TON of ethernet cables from them and had a few be bad out of the bag, but they're so cheap and the rest have been so good that it's still a good value.

yeah, I'd contact them. I suspect they'd like to isolate the batch as much as you'd like to have a working product.

Mike Pyle:

--- Quote from: Kemper Watson on January 06, 2024, 08:14:46 PM ---Who makes a decent 3-ft IEC Cable? I bought a few from one site and about half were bad. Trying to clean up and simplify  the light rig..

--- End quote ---

Hosa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version