ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miktek PM5 - opinions?  (Read 526 times)

Keith Billik

Miktek PM5 - opinions?
« on: February 12, 2024, 05:47:42 PM »

Hey all-

Any experience/opinions on the Miktek PM5 handheld vocal condenser? I noticed they have a half-off sale ($299 vs 599) that is quite tempting, but I've never heard one and it is proving tough to find many online reviews. Bonus points if you're able to compare it to a Sennheiser e865 or Neuman KMS105, both of which I'm more familiar with.

TIA!

scottstephens

Re: Miktek PM5 - opinions?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 09:29:54 PM »

Keith,

I can not directly answer your question however, I do own a matched set of Miktek C5 condensers. And this is what I have to say after just a couple of months of ownership.  The quality is excellent. Great true, honest sound.  These mics are without a doubt one of the best sounding that I have ever used on guitars and other acoustic stringed instruments. The build quality is really nice. Superb fit and finish. Almost an old school craftsmanship kind of style.  Someday there might be something about them that irritates me, but as of yet I haven't found it.  For a couple of hundred bucks it might be worth your while.
   Hope this helps a little bit.

Scott

Keith Billik

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 09:28:06 PM »

Keith,

I can not directly answer your question however, I do own a matched set of Miktek C5 condensers. And this is what I have to say after just a couple of months of ownership.  The quality is excellent. Great true, honest sound.  These mics are without a doubt one of the best sounding that I have ever used on guitars and other acoustic stringed instruments. The build quality is really nice. Superb fit and finish. Almost an old school craftsmanship kind of style.  Someday there might be something about them that irritates me, but as of yet I haven't found it.  For a couple of hundred bucks it might be worth your while.
   Hope this helps a little bit.

Scott

Thanks Scott- that does help, as I believe Miktek says that the PM5 has the same capsule/circuitry as the C5. I'll probably give one a try, and then be annoyed when I love it and feel like I should have bought 2-3 more during the sale ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 09:28:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.