Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

New Road Story! Maintenance Blitz, Niagara Falls

<< < (3/5) > >>

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Ike Zimbel on December 09, 2023, 06:59:08 PM ---Groucho Marx, yes?

--- End quote ---

Groucho probably covered it too, not sure - Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, Milton Berle all did it.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Ike Zimbel on December 09, 2023, 06:59:08 PM ---Groucho Marx, yes?

--- End quote ---
Kind of a staple Vaudeville sketch, with roots in the early Borscht Belt.  I remember it from I Love Lucy, I think it featured a 'non-Groucho' Marx brother.  Later I saw the Abbott and Costello version.  The craft of comedy can be amazing on its own.  :)

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on December 09, 2023, 09:59:13 PM ---Kind of a staple Vaudeville sketch, with roots in the early Borscht Belt.  I remember it from I Love Lucy, I think it featured a 'non-Groucho' Marx brother.  Later I saw the Abbott and Costello version.  The craft of comedy can be amazing on its own.  :)

--- End quote ---
Is the "inch by inch, step by step" bit from that sketch too? I seriously live in a cave...no contact with the outside world...at least the world of pop culture :-[

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Ike Zimbel on December 09, 2023, 10:43:07 PM ---Is the "inch by inch, step by step" bit from that sketch too? I seriously live in a cave...no contact with the outside world...at least the world of pop culture :-[

--- End quote ---

Yes. Yes it is.

And every one of us that remembers anything about this are probably due for [another] colonoscopy....

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on December 09, 2023, 09:59:13 PM ---Kind of a staple Vaudeville sketch, with roots in the early Borscht Belt.  I remember it from I Love Lucy, I think it featured a 'non-Groucho' Marx brother.  Later I saw the Abbott and Costello version.  The craft of comedy can be amazing on its own.  :)

--- End quote ---
I can remember watching "I Love Lucy" as a kid, but the only "bit" I remember is a gag where she tries baking bread, and it goes a little too well, so when she opens the oven this giant baguette emerges and pins her against the kitchen wall...
that said, I do remember shtick from "Get Smart", "Hogan's Heroes" and "Gilligan's Island", FWIW ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version