Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

New Console thoughts

<< < (3/3)

Tommy Nikiforov:
ETC might have something around that pricepoint? an MA3 light is around that price , as is the ChamSys mq500m , the MQ and the MA are the most busking friendly of them but they'll do a great job on stacked shows also.

Grayson MSA Rech:

--- Quote from: James Feenstra on December 09, 2023, 08:09:33 PM ---Realistically you can't go wrong with MA.....the 3 compact is probably accessible at the upper end of your price range, but I'd personally spring for the XT, since it's not a whole lot more and the extra touchscreen, encoders, playbacks, and faders are definitely worth it. If new users (ie students) are going to learn a console, MA is probably the best place to start given the market share

Second option would be ETC

--- End quote ---

Sounds like most would like the GrandMA desks but realize cost isn't for all.  In my case, I have 2 auditoriums to buy for and the EOS sounds like the front runner and won't be a bad choice.  I'll be reaching out to ETC for a demo to put it through the paces and see if its the one for us. 

Again, thanks all for the ideas and viewpoints.

Craig Hauber:

--- Quote from: Grayson MSA Rech on December 13, 2023, 11:12:28 AM ---Sounds like most would like the GrandMA desks but realize cost isn't for all.  In my case, I have 2 auditoriums to buy for and the EOS sounds like the front runner and won't be a bad choice.  I'll be reaching out to ETC for a demo to put it through the paces and see if its the one for us. 

Again, thanks all for the ideas and viewpoints.

--- End quote ---
Just got off a tour of around 45 venues.  40 of them were school/college/civic auditoriums and only 2 of those didn't have current ETC consoles (one had a Strand and the other a Hog of some kind).  So from my recent experiences if you are dealing with students then ETC seems to be the closest thing to a standard.
The remaining 5 venues were gyms and we put up our own trees which I run from a ETC Nomad laptop system.  -which actually is a great software way to get students familiar with the ETC methodology without having constant tech booth access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version