ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Console thoughts  (Read 3380 times)

Tommy Nikiforov

Re: New Console thoughts
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 07:25:30 PM »

ETC might have something around that pricepoint? an MA3 light is around that price , as is the ChamSys mq500m , the MQ and the MA are the most busking friendly of them but they'll do a great job on stacked shows also.
Lighting Designer / Programmer / Operator
ChamSys Alpha tester
Located in Southern Finland

Grayson MSA Rech

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2023, 11:12:28 AM »

Realistically you can't go wrong with MA.....the 3 compact is probably accessible at the upper end of your price range, but I'd personally spring for the XT, since it's not a whole lot more and the extra touchscreen, encoders, playbacks, and faders are definitely worth it. If new users (ie students) are going to learn a console, MA is probably the best place to start given the market share

Second option would be ETC

Sounds like most would like the GrandMA desks but realize cost isn't for all.  In my case, I have 2 auditoriums to buy for and the EOS sounds like the front runner and won't be a bad choice.  I'll be reaching out to ETC for a demo to put it through the paces and see if its the one for us. 

Again, thanks all for the ideas and viewpoints.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 03:33:13 PM »

Sounds like most would like the GrandMA desks but realize cost isn't for all.  In my case, I have 2 auditoriums to buy for and the EOS sounds like the front runner and won't be a bad choice.  I'll be reaching out to ETC for a demo to put it through the paces and see if its the one for us. 

Again, thanks all for the ideas and viewpoints.
Just got off a tour of around 45 venues.  40 of them were school/college/civic auditoriums and only 2 of those didn't have current ETC consoles (one had a Strand and the other a Hog of some kind).  So from my recent experiences if you are dealing with students then ETC seems to be the closest thing to a standard.
The remaining 5 venues were gyms and we put up our own trees which I run from a ETC Nomad laptop system.  -which actually is a great software way to get students familiar with the ETC methodology without having constant tech booth access.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 03:33:13 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.