Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Transmit Wireless Stereo Audio from Computer

<< < (9/9)

Phil Lewandowski:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on December 21, 2023, 07:20:48 PM ---Phil I have to play devils advocate on this one.  Now that you gave them the capability they expect it.  Worse they expect it to work so if the RF environment morphs and it no longer is usable you are under the gun to maintain it.

--- End quote ---

Figured I'd provide a several month update on this, so far so good.

I have been clear with the several people who have been allowed to pair to the bluetooth that if this gets shared around, especially with students or parents, that it will very quickly have to go away. So they know that being able to use bluetooth is time-limited, and how much it would get shared would simply move the timeframe up.
It does help that to press the pair button, you need a door code. And the door is a heavy duty fullsize steel door.

I wouldn't probably install a bluetooth at a campus where I wasn't present at. But since I am on-site at least 30 hours a week, it has worked just fine.
I am running mic cables to mid-court location simply to have a hardwired option.

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on December 21, 2023, 07:20:48 PM ---

You going to stop by the shop some time havenít seen you on a coons age.  In any event Merry Christmas

--- End quote ---

Sorry I missed this!  A belated Merry Christmas to you as well. And yeah, I need to get by there!
Is your shop in proximity to Eric, Keith, Jon and company?

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Phil Lewandowski on February 29, 2024, 10:35:44 AM ---Figured I'd provide a several month update on this, so far so good.

I have been clear with the several people who have been allowed to pair to the bluetooth that if this gets shared around, especially with students or parents, that it will very quickly have to go away. So they know that being able to use bluetooth is time-limited, and how much it would get shared would simply move the timeframe up.
It does help that to press the pair button, you need a door code. And the door is a heavy duty fullsize steel door.

I wouldn't probably install a bluetooth at a campus where I wasn't present at. But since I am on-site at least 30 hours a week, it has worked just fine.
I am running mic cables to mid-court location simply to have a hardwired option.

Sorry I missed this!  A belated Merry Christmas to you as well. And yeah, I need to get by there!
Is your shop in proximity to Eric, Keith, Jon and company?

--- End quote ---
We are all the same warehouse! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version