Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Transmit Wireless Stereo Audio from Computer

<< < (3/9) > >>

Andrew Broughton:

--- Quote from: Phil Lewandowski on December 02, 2023, 04:09:21 PM ---The source is a PC that is sending video via HDMI to a screen built into the scorer's table. Audio will be from several apps on that same PC. Spotify, sound effects QLab type app, video playback, etc.

(Just FYI - This is for middle school sports at a grade school run by different volunteers, so that may help with the level of solution as well as simplicity we are aiming for.)

--- End quote ---
So the HDMI also doesn't go past the table either? My first thought was to just pull the audio from the HDMI stream.
I would say if you want to go the IEM transmitter + Wireless receiver route, try renting some cheapies from your local music store and see how they work for you. I'd expect that if both the transmitters and receivers are in the same frequency grouping it should "just work", but because of companding differences, I would stick with the same brand and model. e.g. Sennheiser 300 series IEM + receiver.

Riley Casey:
An off the shelf IEM package with a battery eliminator in the belt pack would seem to check all those boxes.

https://batteryeliminatorstore.com/products/3-aa-cells-4-5vdc-ac-source-battery-eliminator

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Riley Casey on December 02, 2023, 06:28:05 PM ---An off the shelf IEM package with a battery eliminator in the belt pack would seem to check all those boxes.

https://batteryeliminatorstore.com/products/3-aa-cells-4-5vdc-ac-source-battery-eliminator

--- End quote ---

FWIW, Sennheiser makes an accessory for their beltpacks (the Sennheiser DC 2) that does exactly this (and has full manufacturer support).

-Russ

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on December 02, 2023, 06:48:07 PM ---FWIW, Sennheiser makes an accessory for their beltpacks (the Sennheiser DC 2) that does exactly this (and has full manufacturer support).

-Russ

--- End quote ---

That's the way to go.  Linky?

Paul G. OBrien:
If you are going to spend money on a solution for this is should be to hire an AV guy to permanently install some XLR cables in conduit between the score table position and the equipment rack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version