Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Spotify phone > PA wireless?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stephen Gregory:
For better or worse, I do know what phone is going to be used, it's a recent model Samsung, so Bluetooth 5 is an option, but not AirPlay.

We did consider a handy boom box. I'm just such a snob, I can't stand them! When there's a really nice sub sitting 15' above you it seems criminal not to use it :-)

Mike Caldwell:
Keep in mind many BT receivers produce beeps when a connection is dropped or it's searching for a connection.

For what it's worth the Klark Teknik / Behringer BT receiver has decent range and XLR outputs.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on November 28, 2023, 08:04:41 PM ---Keep in mind many BT receivers produce beeps when a connection is dropped or it's searching for a connection.

For what it's worth the Klark Teknik / Behringer BT receiver has decent range and XLR outputs.

--- End quote ---

That expensive PA should not be in the hands of amateurs.  Part of the cost of using it is having the correct staff.  I have the feeling I am super blessed with my church and I would be fired on day 2 from the average church? 

We have 5 campuses, distribute the main sermon over a VPN network to each location.  Every location has multiple video wall and the main church has slivers and panels on the drum/backup singer risers.  We have a full time department head of AV technology (and another IT also a new media).  The budget is zero base, one capital and one operational.  Once approved it is funded and the department head manages purchasing.  It's a great team to be a member of, we are equally passionate about our spiritual obligations.

Stephen Swaffer:
What are you using for a mixer?  I understand Scott's concerns-but if you are going to use that sub you will have to use the sound system-no?  I have our system (using an SQ-7-so probably pricier than you use?) set up with a generic "church" login that I am comfortable with really any staff member using-they have to recall or normal setup and they all know how to turn walk in music (not Spotify :) ) up.  The digital mixer lets me be a little more lax with who gets to turn knobs.

Matthias McCready:
For what it is worth:

Not for show use or critical listening, but for when I am dinking around in my venue I bought a little $20 bluetooth unit off of Amazon (sinful I know). I have been pleasantly surprised by the range which is several times what is advertised; granted the $20 unit does clip if the Bluetooth volume is up all the way (something a $30-40 unit tends not to do).

---

If you are handing off the keys to non-users, maybe set up a limited session, or alteast one where the output is limited on the sends to your PA, ie even if they have their device turned up and the fader pegged, it won't be driving anything too hard. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version