Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Radial DI reliability

(1/13) > >>

Alec Spence:
Guessing my experience is abnormal but, we've had 3 Radial DIs for 18 months (2 x ProDI, 1 x ProD2), and have just had our second ProDI failure.

The first failure was at 12 months - no signal through the DI.  Then, last night, a distorted signal with no bottom end on the other DI.  Both covered under warranty from the retailer, but frankly a 100% failure rate on the ProDIs is just rubbish.

Andrew Broughton:
To be fair, the "Pro" series are the entry level versions. I wouldn't expect them to be of the quality of the JDI and J48.

John L Nobile:
I had a ProDI fail after 6 months. Another one and a JDI and ProAV are still working after 9 years. They look like they're built like tanks.

Tim Halligan:
After the dust settles from the apocalypse, the only things remaining will be cockroaches, tumbleweeds and Radial DI's.

Cheers,
tim

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Tim Halligan on November 16, 2023, 12:49:16 PM ---After the dust settles from the apocalypse, the only things remaining will be cockroaches, tumbleweeds and Radial DI's.

Cheers,
tim

--- End quote ---
.. And Countryman type 85's.......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version