Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Software for remote control of old Yamaha DEQ5 and D2040

(1/1)

Darryl Fletcher:
Hi, I have 2 really old pieces of Yamaha equipment, DEQ5 and a D2040.
Iím looking for remote control software that uses RS485 and wondering if anyone has or can point me to a download for QS-1 (WM) for the DEQ5 and anything for the D2040.
Thanks Darryl.

Keith Broughton:

--- Quote from: Darryl Fletcher on November 12, 2023, 08:47:49 AM ---Hi, I have 2 really old pieces of Yamaha equipment, DEQ5 and a D2040.
Iím looking for remote control software that uses RS485 and wondering if anyone has or can point me to a download for QS-1 (WM) for the DEQ5 and anything for the D2040.
Thanks Darryl.

--- End quote ---
The QS-1 might control the DEQ5 but good luck finding software that old!
As for the D2040, I think the 485 allows for a master unit to control a group but probably no software available.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Keith Broughton on November 12, 2023, 03:43:12 PM ---The QS-1 might control the DEQ5 but good luck finding software that old!
As for the D2040, I think the 485 allows for a master unit to control a group but probably no software available.

--- End quote ---

We had both of those back in the day. Granted, bothering with software control wasn't something most of us cared about, but my recollection is that the 2040 was as you say just a way to control a bank of them from one unit. A quick check of the manual online seems to confirm this. You could connect a computer to the RS-485 and do basic memory dumps and the line, but there was no control software.

We had a rack of DEQ5s with DEQ5e and controlled the expanders with the main unit. But I don't think owe ever used a computer.

I guess it's theoretically possible to reverse engineer a computer control solution, but boy is that above my knowledge base.

Darryl Fletcher:

--- Quote from: Keith Broughton on November 12, 2023, 03:43:12 PM ---The QS-1 might control the DEQ5 but good luck finding software that old!

--- End quote ---

Ok thx, was just a long shot. 👍

Darryl Fletcher:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on November 12, 2023, 07:01:50 PM ---We had both of those back in the day. Granted, bothering with software control wasn't something most of us cared about, but my recollection is that the 2040 was as you say just a way to control a bank of them from one unit. A quick check of the manual online seems to confirm this. You could connect a computer to the RS-485 and do basic memory dumps and the line, but there was no control software.

We had a rack of DEQ5s with DEQ5e and controlled the expanders with the main unit. But I don't think owe ever used a computer.

I guess it's theoretically possible to reverse engineer a computer control solution, but boy is that above my knowledge base.

Ok thanks, just fishing for what was possible (in the dark ages)

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version