Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

MagicQ Compact Connect wing. How to turn down/off the backlights?

(1/2) > >>

Tim Weaver:
We just got our compact connect and so far I like it enough. The hardware is nice, but there’s fewer buttons on it vs the old PC Wing I used to use.

The crazy thing is the absolutely blindingly bright backlights behind the faders and encoders. Control+Enc 4 does not turn them down like it does on the consoles.

Does anyone know how to adjust the console lighting on this thing?

For whatever reason I can’t find or view any manual online that works on my phone.

I really hope that these things aren’t a harbinger of the “Chauvet-ing” of MagicQ.

Tim Weaver:
Nevermind. I’m an idiot. Enc 3 does the “faderglow”. Enc 4 is the led’s on the flash buttons. 5 is the gooseneck light.

There’s no Control button on the unit. You almost have to have a keyboard hooked up to it in order to still have the 10 key and the control buttons. All of those are available on the touchscreen as well, but much harder to use. The old PC wing still had a 10 key.

Tommy Nikiforov:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on November 05, 2023, 12:59:23 PM ---Nevermind. I’m an idiot. Enc 3 does the “faderglow”. Enc 4 is the led’s on the flash buttons. 5 is the gooseneck light.

There’s no Control button on the unit. You almost have to have a keyboard hooked up to it in order to still have the 10 key and the control buttons. All of those are available on the touchscreen as well, but much harder to use. The old PC wing still had a 10 key.

--- End quote ---

The Pc-wing didnt have a keypad, that was the maxiwing, a comparable product to that is the Stadium Connect.
At first i didnt like the changes to the Compact Connect vs PC-Wing compact, but now with the current software it makes much more sense.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Tommy Nikiforov on November 06, 2023, 06:59:10 PM ---The Pc-wing didnt have a keypad, that was the maxiwing, a comparable product to that is the Stadium Connect.
At first i didnt like the changes to the Compact Connect vs PC-Wing compact, but now with the current software it makes much more sense.

--- End quote ---

I guess I had a Maxiwing then. I find all these names confusing. Chamsys is not alone in this regard. How many dLive variations are there. And I can never remember which is which.

Steve Ferreira:
I'm looking for a Compact connect myself. I downloaded MagicQ PC and been messing around with it. What does your setup look like? Are you also using a node or dmx cable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version