Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Moving light truss

(1/2) > >>

Brandon Wright:
Hi all,

What is your favorite pre rig moving light truss (gt, prg, generico, etc...), and why? Thanks.

-Brandon

Jeff Lelko:
I think youíll need to add a bit more context to your question in order to get meaningful replies.  Most decisions on pre-rig truss comes down to the fixture sizes Iím using, the weight/spans in question, and any packing/logistics limitations to work within.

Brandon Wright:

--- Quote from: Jeff Lelko on November 05, 2023, 12:27:27 PM ---I think youíll need to add a bit more context to your question in order to get meaningful replies.  Most decisions on pre-rig truss comes down to the fixture sizes Iím using, the weight/spans in question, and any packing/logistics limitations to work within.

--- End quote ---

Fair enough. I'm looking for people's experiences with the variety of 14x24 trusses that have come to market in the last two 15 years or so. I'd say that Tyler GT+ is the obvious choice as it dominates the market share, but I hate the legs. Any one have experience with other manufacturers options that they find to be more efficient or better engineered?

Jeff Lelko:
Thanks Brandon.  If you truly want truss engineered to the nth degree Iíve seen some slick designs by TAIT that retract (fold) the fixtures themselves into the truss box for transport.  Iím sure theyíll be happy to make you some but be ready to pay the ultra-premium price for it.

On the more affordable level Tomcat has been selling foldable truss where the vertical truss members hinge down to enclose the lights for transport.  I wouldnít call it entirely legless but itís a huge improvement on the issue I think youíre describing.  I think you have to step up to 30x30 box for this option as well, seeing as the entire fixture must be enclosed for the truss sticks to stack properly.  Hope this helps!

Tommy Nikiforov:
The H-OF mlt is pretty common around my neck of the woods. https://shop.h-of.de/en/event-technology/pre-rig-truss/mlt-three/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version