Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

hum on videos

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mike Caldwell:
If it's an analog connection from the mixer to the device that use for streaming you need an isolation transformer in the line.
They also need to place the lapel mic higher.

Wesley Key:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on October 15, 2023, 11:53:11 PM ---A simple block diagram of the system would be very helpful.

--- End quote ---

Wireless mic transmits back to my AV room.  Connected via XLR to a mixer.  Audio outputs from the mixer feed a simple camcorder.  Camcorder records to an SD card.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Wesley Key on October 17, 2023, 08:13:23 PM ---Wireless mic transmits back to my AV room.  Connected via XLR to a mixer.  Audio outputs from the mixer feed a simple camcorder.  Camcorder records to an SD card.

--- End quote ---

Ok, unplug the mic is the hum still there?  You need to check each block one at a time?  If no hum at RX then jack into the mixer without the mic connected.  If you have hum keep going. 

How is the PA connected?  Is it on main out and the camcorder on a bus?  Details are important.  What kind of mixer?

Wesley Key:
Hum is present on all four microphones after testing.  I did some isolating.  Zip tied certain wires so they don't touch other wires, etc.  No idea how it happened, but hum is now gone.  Thanks for all the help.

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Wesley Key on October 19, 2023, 07:41:51 AM ---Hum is present on all four microphones after testing.  I did some isolating.  Zip tied certain wires so they don't touch other wires, etc.  No idea how it happened, but hum is now gone.  Thanks for all the help.

--- End quote ---

"Fixes" like that kind of scare me in not knowing what the actual problem cause was.

What were the certain wires that you moved? Was it actual interaction between the wires or did moving them move something else like a connector that is now making a better connection?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version