Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Audio Measurement and Testing

Portable Audio Test Equipment Rack

(1/2) > >>

Steve-White:
In need of a small lightweight rack for a scope and signal generator, I searched far and wide.  Used the forum search engine as well.

Then......it occurred to me.....wait a minute, hold the press.

Having some model building experience and laser engraving equipment.....why, I can just make something up myself.  So, did a quick drawing using the xTool software that comes with the lasers.  Used 1/4" birch plywood and 1/2" bamboo dowel stock.  Cut everything out including the 1/2" dowels with a 40W blue laser.  Laminated 2x sheets of the 1/4" ply together for the side panels.  Front to back there are 5x 1/2" dowels under the shelves for support.

Roughly 15" tall and 13.5" wide and a foot deep.  Rattle canned it with RusttOleum light blue similar to old Techtronics or HP test gear.

I'll add a picture of it with test gear once the paint dries.

Steve-White:
DELETED

Steve-White:
With the test gear in it.  Considering a dab of RTV or zip ties to secure the gear in the rack.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on October 01, 2023, 11:19:10 PM ---With the test gear in it.  Considering a dab of RTV or zip ties to secure the gear in the rack.

--- End quote ---

Looks great Steve.  Nice job on the lamination. 

What is the model number of the signal generator?  I am still using old telco line generators on my bench.  They work well but have limited patterns.

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on October 02, 2023, 12:39:45 AM ---
Looks great Steve.  Nice job on the lamination. 

What is the model number of the signal generator?  I am still using old telco line generators on my bench.  They work well but have limited patterns.

--- End quote ---

SIGLENT SDG 1032X:  https://siglentna.com/product/sdg1032x/

Thanks Scott.  First time CNC woodworking project.  The learning curve has began.  Next project will get indexing cuts and alignment lines burned into the wood.  That will simplify and speed up the assembly process.  Overall, it went together fairly quickly.  Rouchly an hour or so of cutting time in the honeycomb.

Now to find a suitable cover for it to keep it clean when not in use.A small generator or kitchen appliance cover should work well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version