ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless DMX  (Read 4466 times)

Noah D Mitchell

Re: Wireless DMX
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2023, 08:46:02 AM »

I also have some Show Baby's from City Theatrical. They are pretty bomb proof.

+1 on Show Baby - I installed them in a few different church installations (lots of abuse) and all are still working great. The option for each to be RX or TX is a great feature.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2023, 11:06:21 PM »

+1 on Show Baby - I installed them in a few different church installations (lots of abuse) and all are still working great. The option for each to be RX or TX is a great feature.

Yes the auto tx/rx that is a special feature of some of the Aliexpress gears is always lurking right beneath the surface ready to bite the unsuspecting engineer in the arse.  All it takes is to program a light as master and as soon as the dongle sees the data boom it switched to tx, even if it was an tx board, lol.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2023, 06:19:03 PM »

Does anyone have good experiences with any of the wireless systems?. I bought the Donner but I'm already down to one receiver still working. Has anyone used the ETC? Blizzard? ADJ Wirefly? Looking for a dependable solution.

I've used the China stuff included with my Artfox to do fun things with battery uplighting that would have been otherwise not possible. It seemed to work well enough and had loads more range than I would have expected. It was out in the desert with no RF noise floor to speak of, which probably helped.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2023, 09:02:07 PM »

I've used the China stuff included with my Artfox to do fun things with battery uplighting that would have been otherwise not possible. It seemed to work well enough and had loads more range than I would have expected. It was out in the desert with no RF noise floor to speak of, which probably helped.

Just saw this: I'm usually in RF hell. In the middle of 3 TV transmitters

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2023, 07:13:17 PM »

Just saw this: I'm usually in RF hell. In the middle of 3 TV transmitters

I get away with a lot being where I am, still I think this stuff runs on 2.4GHz, so you may be fine.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Grayson MSA Rech

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2023, 02:19:31 PM »

Another + for the Show Baby's.  I use regularly in a Public High School environment for some of our Dances and Theatrical and they work great.  That's with 500-1000 kids between Transmitter and receiver.  Our Wireless AP all running in 5G band so that's not an issue

Also nice thing about the Show Babys is that you can put out numerous units to cover a wide area saving long DMX runs.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2023, 04:12:49 PM »

Another + for the Show Baby's.  I use regularly in a Public High School environment for some of our Dances and Theatrical and they work great.  That's with 500-1000 kids between Transmitter and receiver.  Our Wireless AP all running in 5G band so that's not an issue

Also nice thing about the Show Babys is that you can put out numerous units to cover a wide area saving long DMX runs.
They also act as splitter when using multiple Rx.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Nimrod Webber

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2023, 06:50:55 AM »

Very cool concept.  Adding a powercon OUTPUT as well would make it even easier to add into the lighting chain.

I further developed the DMX RX/TX in the form of a wall wart (the AC prongs arrangement in this case is for the local (Israeli) standard)
I think this configuration is compact and practical. What do you say?   

:)
...so God created SOUND, and then God said...
http://www.boniton.co.il
http://www.bt-12.com/ Balanced Tilting Sounds Better... Facebook Users Group

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2023, 01:10:55 PM »

Looks, nice, Nimrod.  You have a flare for these industrial designs.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2023, 02:15:17 PM »

I've been using Donner Wireless DMX for about 10 years now. They've been working great for the most part. I have a few of the battery operated ones that had poor range, but they worked. I marked those units and only use them at home for testing.

I picked up a few of the PCB kits off eBay. I mount them inside the fixture and power them by tapping off the power supply inside the fixture. I did that a couple years ago and so far no problems. Nice to be able to place those fixtures anywhere without having to think about running DMX cables to them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2023, 02:15:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.