Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

Cat6 Cable with 300+ volt insulation?

(1/2) > >>

Rob Spence:
I am wondering if there is a Cat6 cable with insulation so it can share a raceway with a 120v ac circuit?
I only have a single 3/4" pic run out to where my generator is located and I would like to have a convenience outlet and an AP.

thanks

dave briar:

--- Quote from: Rob Spence on July 26, 2023, 12:12:41 PM ---I am wondering if there is a Cat6 cable with insulation so it can share a raceway with a 120v ac circuit?
I only have a single 3/4" pic run out to where my generator is located and I would like to have a convenience outlet and an AP.

thanks

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't STP be sufficient as long as at least one end of the shield is adequately grounded?  Asking more than stating.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: dave briar on July 26, 2023, 12:29:45 PM ---Wouldn't STP be sufficient as long as at least one end of the shield is adequately grounded?  Asking more than stating.

--- End quote ---

Code requires that all all wires in the same box or conduit have the same insulation rating.

For Rob:  consider CAT cable rated for direct burial.

Rob Spence:
Thanks Tim. I will look for that.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Rob Spence on July 27, 2023, 09:58:24 AM ---Thanks Tim. I will look for that.

--- End quote ---

And, of course, bury it somewhere close to the conduit...

Most of the DB-rate CAT cable is copper clad aluminum with up-coated jacket and other physical enhancements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version