ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft UI24r master unity setting  (Read 4116 times)

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
Re: Soundcraft UI24r master unity setting
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2023, 05:32:20 PM »

So does that match internal and D/A clipping, or???

If I have time, I may try running more measurements to find that out. My instinct predicts yes, the 2:00 position will match the 0 dBFS clip level to an analog output clip level of +18 dBu. I don't think even with 0 dBFS and the knobs all the way up it could get much past +20 dBu.

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2023, 07:41:30 PM »

If I have time, I may try running more measurements to find that out. My instinct predicts yes, the 2:00 position will match the 0 dBFS clip level to an analog output clip level of +18 dBu. I don't think even with 0 dBFS and the knobs all the way up it could get much past +20 dBu.

Love to hear what you find out. Non-repeatable setting of a major control makes me twitchy.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2023, 10:25:51 PM »

Love to hear what you find out. Non-repeatable setting of a major control makes me twitchy.

I used it on a gig last night and, to be honest, I barely looked at the knobs. I know the last time I had the case open I set them to the marks, but I got distracted at the venue and never got around to looking at them up close during the gig, just a quick glance from a distance. I was running closer to 0 dBFS than I usually like, but nothing seemed to be clipping and the left/right balance seemed okay. I don't think they're super sensitive at the top part of their range.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2023, 10:54:06 PM »

I agree, that is a key issue on the x/m32 platform that I won't use a QSC or a Mackie DL.

Patrick says he did a gig and didn't have to mess with gain staging.  Even if it's his band I don't get that.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2023, 02:55:51 PM »

I agree, that is a key issue on the x/m32 platform that I won't use a QSC or a Mackie DL.

Patrick says he did a gig and didn't have to mess with gain staging.  Even if it's his band I don't get that.

I didn't adjust the front panel knobs of the UI24R. I did bump up the level on my EV ELX200-12p mains just a bit. Well, I turned one up. There were tables right in front of the other one, so I let it be a little lower. The space was asymmetrical and stereo imaging was not a priority.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2023, 02:55:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.