Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

New RCF 702as MK3 + HD10a mkV or FBT Promaxx 110a and Subline 112sa

(1/4) > >>

Richard Penrose:

I am currently in the process of scaling down my Yamaha DXR15/QSC KW181 system as I have stopped doing sound for bands. I am moving more into doing sound for acoustic acts without a drum kit and for my own gigs as well.
For my own gigs (jazz/soul/gospel with 4x vocals, keys and bass) Iíve been temporarily using my floor monitors (Alto TS210) which have been pretty good but Iíd like to have something that is a step up in audio quality/performance.
I need small and very lightweight tops with at least one side handle that can handle keys, bass and vocals at wedding ceremonies and smallish gigs and add small lightweight subs if I need to do a band at smallish events.

RCF have just announced a new 702as mk3 sub which is a little bigger and heavier 21kg) than the old model and also has their new Bass Motion dsp added. Iím not sure whether it uses the same driver yet but hopefully RCF will add it to their site soon. This sub looks like a great option as Iím also considering their HD10a tops.
Iíve also heard great things about the FBT Promaxx and Subline series and Iím considering their Promaxx 110a with the Subline 112sa subs.

Has anyone on here had any experience with the RCF10a mkVís and FBT Promaxx 110a?
Also, Iím looking for opinions on the RCF 702as and FBT Subline 112sa subs? Has anyone had experience with both of these?
Ideally Iíd like to demo and compare both systems myself but Iím not aware of any store in the UK that stocks both of these brands. Also, it is way out of my budget to buy both systems to compare.

What are peoples opinions on the RCF and FBT systems I am considering?

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on June 21, 2023, 06:13:38 PM ---
I am currently in the process of scaling down my Yamaha DXR15/QSC KW181 system as I have stopped doing sound for bands. I am moving more into doing sound for acoustic acts without a drum kit and for my own gigs as well.
For my own gigs (jazz/soul/gospel with 4x vocals, keys and bass) Iíve been temporarily using my floor monitors (Alto TS210) which have been pretty good but Iíd like to have something that is a step up in audio quality/performance.
I need small and very lightweight tops with at least one side handle that can handle keys, bass and vocals at wedding ceremonies and smallish gigs and add small lightweight subs if I need to do a band at smallish events.

RCF have just announced a new 702as mk3 sub which is a little bigger and heavier 21kg) than the old model and also has their new Bass Motion dsp added. Iím not sure whether it uses the same driver yet but hopefully RCF will add it to their site soon. This sub looks like a great option as Iím also considering their HD10a tops.
Iíve also heard great things about the FBT Promaxx and Subline series and Iím considering their Promaxx 110a with the Subline 112sa subs.

Has anyone on here had any experience with the RCF10a mkVís and FBT Promaxx 110a?
Also, Iím looking for opinions on the RCF 702as and FBT Subline 112sa subs? Has anyone had experience with both of these?
Ideally Iíd like to demo and compare both systems myself but Iím not aware of any store in the UK that stocks both of these brands. Also, it is way out of my budget to buy both systems to compare.

--- End quote ---

We are FBT dealers, where are you?  We can probably get you a demo unit or two.

Richard Penrose:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on June 22, 2023, 02:10:04 AM ---
We are FBT dealers, where are you?  We can probably get you a demo unit or two.

--- End quote ---

Hi Scott. Iím in the UK.

Steve888:
I have the older RCF HD10A MK4s. They sound awesome. I'm used to JBL SRX. Other than output power these sound as good. The Vs should be even better. Hope you get a chance to hear them.

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on June 21, 2023, 06:13:38 PM ---
For my own gigs (jazz/soul/gospel with 4x vocals, keys and bass) I’ve been temporarily using my floor monitors (Alto TS210) which have been pretty good but I’d like to have something that is a step up in audio quality/performance.

RCF have just announced a new 702as mk3 sub which is a little bigger and heavier 21kg) than the old model and also has their new Bass Motion dsp added. I’m not sure whether it uses the same driver yet but hopefully RCF will add it to their site soon. This sub looks like a great option as I’m also considering their HD10a tops.
I’ve also heard great things about the FBT Promaxx and Subline series and I’m considering their Promaxx 110a with the Subline 112sa subs.

Has anyone on here had any experience with the RCF10a mkV’s and FBT Promaxx 110a?
Also, I’m looking for opinions on the RCF 702as and FBT Subline 112sa subs? Has anyone had experience with both of these?
Ideally I’d like to demo and compare both systems myself but I’m not aware of any store in the UK that stocks both of these brands. Also, it is way out of my budget to buy both systems to compare.

--- End quote ---

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Steve888 on June 23, 2023, 05:33:14 PM ---I have the older RCF HD10A MK4s. They sound awesome. I'm used to JBL SRX. Other than output power these sound as good. The Vs should be even better. Hope you get a chance to hear them.

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version