Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Whats the new standard in wireless Com?

(1/3) > >>

Tim Weaver:
I need to spec a comms system for our new space. I am ignorant of whats out there and what is good/bad/indifferent.

I am still using clear com party line systems from the 80ís and 90ís which works fine, but we are not going to have a ton of analog lines in this new space. Everything is networked now and my comms need to be able to play along.

What are you using and do you like/dislike it?

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on June 05, 2023, 01:10:27 AM ---I need to spec a comms system for our new space. I am ignorant of whats out there and what is good/bad/indifferent.

I am still using clear com party line systems from the 80ís and 90ís which works fine, but we are not going to have a ton of analog lines in this new space. Everything is networked now and my comms need to be able to play along.

--- End quote ---

Wired? Studio Technologies, any of the Dante-based systems.

Wireless?  Bolero.  Or FreeSpeak II.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on June 05, 2023, 01:10:27 AM ---I need to spec a comms system for our new space. I am ignorant of whats out there and what is good/bad/indifferent.

--- End quote ---

The new Clearcom Arcadia combines Clearcom Helix, Freespeak II and Dante as well as standard 4-wire and 2-wire ports into one very compelling package. One of the things I like about the Helixnet and Freespeak options is that it is fairly easy to subrent additional drops for those times when you need to expand the system for a special event. And it's easily reconfigured for different applications.

One thing it isn't is cheap. But any Intercom you invest in that seems like "a really good deal" almost certainly won't be in the long run....

Jordan Wolf:
I agree with Tim and Brian.

You can also likely integrate your existing wired comms system with little/no hassle, and I much prefer a wired system over wireless if I have a choice.

Multi-point/multi-path flexibility of the newer digital comms systems is such a useful feature set, and itís wonderful to be able to give corpy clients a way to get a hold of production without hearing the usual backstage babble.

If you find yourself needing to expand your system for your larger productions, having a system that can grow with you is great, but so is having one you can subrent additional beltpacks/bases/transceivers, etc.

Alex Donkle:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on June 05, 2023, 01:15:22 PM ---The new Clearcom Arcadia combines Clearcom Helix, Freespeak II and Dante as well as standard 4-wire and 2-wire ports into one very compelling package. One of the things I like about the Helixnet and Freespeak options is that it is fairly easy to subrent additional drops for those times when you need to expand the system for a special event. And it's easily reconfigured for different applications.

One thing it isn't is cheap. But any Intercom you invest in that seems like "a really good deal" almost certainly won't be in the long run....

--- End quote ---

Riedel's new budget-brand Punqtum seems promising for a wired intercom system with fewer features but still good quality, compared to the higher end wired intercom system.
https://punqtum.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version