ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: recommendation for NiMH AA batteries  (Read 1533 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: recommendation for NiMH AA batteries
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2023, 08:14:41 PM »

Powerex have been a Broadway standard for years. B&H is a good source.
For those that don't know... Maha Energy makes PowerEx.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2023, 12:38:32 AM »

We are using IKEA Ladda for about 1 year and so far so good. Buy the one made in Japan (usually 2450mha).
If you want to explore further, this site is pretty good
http://aacycler.com/battery/aa/

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2023, 08:09:05 AM »

One additional advantage of the Eneloops is very low self discharge. For those doing shows weekly this may not be a problem; for those of us who work more sporadically, my system of a “Charged bag” and a “Dead bag” works even with gigs months apart. For standard NiMH batteries I would be less comfortable using a battery I last charged 6 months ago.

+1 on the Eneloop Standard (white). For high drain things like digital camera flashes the pros allow the flash to recharge faster; for typical production wireless usage, the extra current capacity of the “pros” isn’t worth it to me.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2023, 02:20:32 PM »

One additional advantage of the Eneloops is very low self discharge. For those doing shows weekly this may not be a problem; for those of us who work more sporadically, my system of a “Charged bag” and a “Dead bag” works even with gigs months apart. For standard NiMH batteries I would be less comfortable using a battery I last charged 6 months ago. {...}

This is definitely an important consideration (IIRC most NiMH batteries will be pretty flat after 6 months). FWIW, Maha's "Powerex Precharged" do fairly well in this regard as well.

-Russ

Gary Greyhosky

• Carlisle, PA
    • Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2023, 03:18:18 PM »

One additional advantage of the Eneloops is very low self discharge. For those doing shows weekly this may not be a problem; for those of us who work more sporadically, my system of a “Charged bag” and a “Dead bag” works even with gigs months apart. For standard NiMH batteries I would be less comfortable using a battery I last charged 6 months ago.

+1 on the Eneloop Standard (white). For high drain things like digital camera flashes the pros allow the flash to recharge faster; for typical production wireless usage, the extra current capacity of the “pros” isn’t worth it to me.

This is excellent advice. Thank you. These will be used in a high school and will likely sit unused for extended periods of time.
Gary Greyhosky
Managing Partner
Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023, 04:29:54 PM »

This is excellent advice. Thank you. These will be used in a high school and will likely sit unused for extended periods of time.

Regardless of advertised self-discharge rate, for NiMH batteries that have been sitting for a while I would always recommend charging them again before their next use.

-Russ

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2023, 11:10:03 AM »

Regardless of advertised self-discharge rate, for NiMH batteries that have been sitting for a while I would always recommend charging them again before their next use.

-Russ

Yes.... I always charge again if I have gone out more than 3-4 weeks. In fact if I want to quickly check my batteries in the EW packs, I can guarantee that some of my other batteries will show only 2 bars after a couple of weeks but the Eneloops will show 3 bars.  I realize the calibration in the pack is unreliable with rechargeables compared to Alkaline but it can still be used as a basic guide in this way.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2023, 12:36:49 PM »

Standard White Panasonic Eneloop 🎯
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2023, 12:36:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.