ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need a good quality slide out (and rotate) rack to install in a cabinet  (Read 1016 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

I've only seen these for home theatre installs and have never touched one myself. What's a good brand/model that will last me 10-15 years. It won't be pulled out that much, so I don't want the slides to get stuck over time. Willing to spend money on this. Would prefer one that also rotates, but if that makes them flakey I'll do without.

This will need to be tall and hold maybe 100 lbs of gear. Typical Digital Stage box, 2 amps, IEMs and Mic recievers.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ

I've only seen these for home theatre installs and have never touched one myself. What's a good brand/model that will last me 10-15 years. It won't be pulled out that much, so I don't want the slides to get stuck over time. Willing to spend money on this. Would prefer one that also rotates, but if that makes them flakey I'll do without.

This will need to be tall and hold maybe 100 lbs of gear. Typical Digital Stage box, 2 amps, IEMs and Mic receivers.

Middle Atlantic is seems to be the most common in my experience, such as the SRSR-X-30.  Lowell is another good option.  There are multiple cheap options, such as Strong (SnapAV house brand); there are also many IT targeted brands, which I'm not familiar with.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA

This will need to be tall and hold maybe 100 lbs of gear. Typical Digital Stage box, 2 amps, IEMs and Mic recievers.

My friend in SF who has the fancy residential installation used a Middle Atlantic pull-out-and-rotate rack. It looks like a very solid piece and works well so far. Access in the service position is great. I expect it will last far more than 15 years with reasonable care. --Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Glen Kelley

• El Paso, TX
    • The University of Texas at El Paso

When I worked at the university, the Mid-Atlantic SRSR as mentioned by Caleb was a staple for boardroom/meeting room applications when mounting equipment in credenzas, etc. The rack is secured in place by a blank single space panel at the bottom, so even AV guys can't figure out how to pull the rack out if they don't know. I counted this as an advantage.

In the long-distant past, I had to work with a rack that used removable "tracks" for pulling the rack out. This is probably better if there is real weight in the rack, but it was a giant PITA to find and set up the tracks for maintenance. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. They do exist, though.

We also had a couple of installations where we built small closets with 2 doors: one in the room, and one in the hallway. The rack was stationary, but it was easy enough to access both sides of it. This is only efficient if the ROOM door is right next to the RACK CLOSET, tho.

If the closet is small enough that you need a pull-out rack, make sure you think carefully about venting it.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

We ordered an SRSR rack. We'll see how she do when it gets here.

Thanks all.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.