Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

M32 / DL32 / M32R - FOH & MONs Routing

<< < (2/4) > >>

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on May 23, 2023, 10:35:37 AM ---Peter K qualifies as an OG, he gets a pass. ;)

--- End quote ---

OG = Old Guy?  I am clueless

Peter Kowalczyk:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on May 23, 2023, 10:35:37 AM ---Peter K qualifies as an OG, he gets a pass. ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Tim, and Thanks @Russel Ault - appreciate the detailed step-by-step procedure.  This configuration worked perfectly, and by 'Safing' the routing and configuration parameters on the monitor desk while uploading new show files, it was flawless throughout our festival a couple weeks ago.

@scott holtzman - to argue sematics, this is the 'Console Connectivity' forum, not the LAB, but I'll accept your beanbag fusilade regardless... fire away!

This is my first foray into the 'User' routing feature; still getting my head around it....

For extra credit - if anyone knows how to do the same sort of channel routing configuration, but to give the FOH desk pre-amp control instead of the monitor desk, that would be really ideal!

Or, maybe I'll just invest in an analog split... 

Thank's y'all  8)

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on May 23, 2023, 09:01:17 PM ---
OG = Old Guy?  I am clueless

--- End quote ---

OG = Original Gangster - just a slang term for somebody that's been around a while or in some cases from the beginning.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Peter Kowalczyk on May 29, 2023, 03:14:20 PM ---Thanks Tim, and Thanks @Russel Ault - appreciate the detailed step-by-step procedure.  This configuration worked perfectly, and by 'Safing' the routing and configuration parameters on the monitor desk while uploading new show files, it was flawless throughout our festival a couple weeks ago.

@scott holtzman - to argue sematics, this is the 'Console Connectivity' forum, not the LAB, but I'll accept your beanbag fusilade regardless... fire away!

This is my first foray into the 'User' routing feature; still getting my head around it....

For extra credit - if anyone knows how to do the same sort of channel routing configuration, but to give the FOH desk pre-amp control instead of the monitor desk, that would be really ideal!

Or, maybe I'll just invest in an analog split... 

Thank's y'all  8)

--- End quote ---

I thought I had deleted that post, sorry, carry on.  Glad you got your answer.

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Peter Kowalczyk on May 29, 2023, 03:14:20 PM ---{...} For extra credit - if anyone knows how to do the same sort of channel routing configuration, but to give the FOH desk pre-amp control instead of the monitor desk, that would be really ideal! {...}

--- End quote ---

It's basically the same, but in reverse. FOH console AES50-A is plugged into DL32 AES50-A, monitor console AES50-A is plugged into DL32 AES50-B), then:

On the monitor console:

* Make sure that the "Out 1-8" and "Out 9-16" blocks are routed to the "AES50-A Out 1-8" and "AES50-A Out 9-16" blocks (IIRC this is the console default)
* Route your monitor sends to Outputs 1-12
On the FOH console:

* Route the "AES50-A In 33-40" block to the "AES50-A Out 1-8" block
* Route the "User Out 9-16" block to the "AES50-A Out 9-16" block
* Route "AES50-A In" 41-44 to "User Out" 9-12
* Route "Out" 13-16 to "User Out" 13-16
* Route your your L/R/Sub/FF sends to Outputs 13-16

--- Quote from: Peter Kowalczyk on May 29, 2023, 03:14:20 PM ---{...} Or, maybe I'll just invest in an analog split...  {...}

--- End quote ---

It's more weight and expense, but there are times it's still worth it (and the X/M32 platform, which has one of the less-graceful gain-sharing systems out there, might be one of those times).

-Russ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version