ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas M32 + Behringer X32  (Read 3646 times)

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Midas M32 + Behringer X32
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2023, 04:01:42 PM »

Had another question. If you use the M32 Waves card, and you purchase the DN9630 is it possible to utilize the waves card and record tracks as well?

The card I/O and the AES50 I/O are routed totally independently of each other.

-Russ

Al Rettich

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 10:47:36 PM »

A lot of the forums I see ppl saying that the waves card affects the recording.  So if you take your AES 50A port and copy to the B port looks like it should be fine recording? Also, haven’t seen any videos on utilizing waves on individual channels.  Mostly seeing outputs for the waves card. 
The card I/O and the AES50 I/O are routed totally independently of each other.

-Russ

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2023, 09:10:00 PM »

A lot of the forums I see ppl saying that the waves card affects the recording.  So if you take your AES 50A port and copy to the B port looks like it should be fine recording? Also, haven’t seen any videos on utilizing waves on individual channels.  Mostly seeing outputs for the waves card.

I mean, if you had previously been using the USB (or Live) card then changing over to a Waves card probably would impact multi-track recording capabilities, but a DN9630 would use an entirely different set of inputs and outputs (and yes, the X/M32 is perfectly happy taking everything coming in on AES50-A and sending it out on AES50-B, regardless of what you're sending to the card slot).

As for using Waves on channels, the biggest (perhaps the only?) routing limitation on the X/M32 platform is that channel inserts are severely limited. If you only want plugins inserted on a few channels (i.e. no more than 6) you can use the "Aux" insert option on those channels and then route the Aux ins and outs to and from the card slot. If you're looking for more channels than that, though, about the only way to achieve it is to route the audio straight from the inputs to the card, and then source the channels from the card; note that by doing it this way, you'll only be able to adjust the preamps from the Setup menu because they'll no longer show up on the channels (since the inputs won't be patched directly to the channels anymore).

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2023, 09:10:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.