Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews

Diadem Microphone Shure SM35

(1/3) > >>

Oscar Perez:
Hi all,
I play guitar and sing and I find it difficult to change my pedals whilst singing so I've purchased a diadem microphone, first a Shure WH20-XLT (dynamic) but in the rehearsal room it sucks cause you have to keep the volume down otherwise it feeds back in the PA system. I understand the issue is due to the low output level. (-67dB) Then I changed to Shure SM35 XLR. Condenser, output level -59dB. I thought that would do the trick. But no, it still requires to keep at low volume (so I can't hear my self well) to avoid feedback.
The comparison with a normal microphone Shure SM58 is huge. I mean, we can hear the choir singers much higher and better than with my SM35.
Besides, the SM35, even though doubles the price of the WH20, is much more uncomfortable and it has mini-XLR, which sucks too (very fragile thin cable)
I miss a mute button. That'd be handy.

Could I get advise on a diadem microphone with a similar performance of an SM58 please?

Thanks very much.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: operez1973 on May 09, 2023, 05:30:11 AM ---Hi all,
I play guitar and sing and I find it difficult to change my pedals whilst singing so I've purchased a diadem microphone,

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

Oscar Perez:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on May 09, 2023, 08:23:43 AM ---Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

--- End quote ---

Done. Thanks

Tim Weaver:
What you need to do is stop spending money on gear and invest in a quality sound person.

If you can't get it done with an SM35, then no other mic out there is going to make it better. You have a setup problem, not a microphone problem.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Oscar Perez on May 09, 2023, 05:30:11 AM ---Hi all,
I play guitar and sing and I find it difficult to change my pedals whilst singing so I've purchased a diadem microphone, first a Shure WH20-XLT (dynamic) but in the rehearsal room it sucks cause you have to keep the volume down otherwise it feeds back in the PA system. I understand the issue is due to the low output level. (-67dB) Then I changed to Shure SM35 XLR. Condenser, output level -59dB. I thought that would do the trick. But no, it still requires to keep at low volume (so I can't hear my self well) to avoid feedback.
The comparison with a normal microphone Shure SM58 is huge. I mean, we can hear the choir singers much higher and better than with my SM35.
Besides, the SM35, even though doubles the price of the WH20, is much more uncomfortable and it has mini-XLR, which sucks too (very fragile thin cable)
I miss a mute button. That'd be handy.

Could I get advise on a diadem microphone with a similar performance of an SM58 please?

Thanks very much.

--- End quote ---

You trying to hear yourself in the PA or in a monitor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version