ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: European SPL levels.  (Read 4972 times)

Iain.Macdonald

European SPL levels.
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:54:26 AM »

Hi,

So here we are again. Another attempt by politicians to protect people from the idiots who insist on trying to deafen their audiences.

http://www.flanderstoday.eu/content/pump-down-volume

Iain.

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
Re: European SPL levels.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 08:35:33 AM »

Hi,

So here we are again. Another attempt by politicians to protect people from the idiots who insist on trying to deafen their audiences.

http://www.flanderstoday.eu/content/pump-down-volume

Iain.

A level of a 100dBa in Amsterdam is going to result in a fine that can run up to about 10.000 euro's . If you like sub frequencies your F*cked . The dBc level allowed in the city of amsterdam is about 95 measured at the first house near the stage .

Albert A. Gustaveson

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »

A level of a 100dBa in Amsterdam is going to result in a fine that can run up to about 10.000 euro's . If you like sub frequencies your F*cked . The dBc level allowed in the city of amsterdam is about 95 measured at the first house near the stage .

"Heavy Metal Band My Bloody Valentine."

LOl. Best quote from the article.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »

A level of a 100dBa in Amsterdam is going to result in a fine that can run up to about 10.000 euro's . If you like sub frequencies your F*cked .
I could see that if it was dB(SPL, Z-weighted) or dB(SPL, C-weighted), however 100dB(SPL, A-weighted) is actually rather generous in terms of the potential low frequency content so I don't understand this comment.

It was interesting that the proposed 100dB(SPL, A-weighted) limit being an Leq over 15 minutes with no proposed maximum on peak levels seemed to be minimally addressed in the article.  Whether that was intentional or simply out of ignorance of how that can impact both the potential levels and the measurement process, it is such details that are often critical but not understood by the general public.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

I
It was interesting that the proposed 100dB(SPL, A-weighted) limit being an Leq over 15 minutes with no proposed maximum on peak levels seemed to be minimally addressed in the article. 

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, let us observe a few minutes of silence to allow us to really rock on the next number and not exceed the 15 minute average measurement."
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Justin Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 12:40:59 PM »

Yeah I've been dealing with this in Europe for a week now.  Amsterdam in 3 days.

Justin

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 01:02:52 PM »

Yeah I've been dealing with this in Europe for a week now.  Amsterdam in 3 days.

Justin

SysTune offers a monitoring system based on European health regulations.  You can load a set of parameters for your particular circumstance, calibrate SPL for pressure using a calibrator, and monitor what's happening in real time, including a log file.  When you get close to the "limits", the display will flash and change color.  I expect this feature is used quite a bit more in Europe than in the U.S. ;-)

Edit: the SPL values in the screen shot are arbitrary, I just plugged in some numbers to make the example.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:57 PM »

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, let us observe a few minutes of silence to allow us to really rock on the next number and not exceed the 15 minute average measurement."
Or simply play music with some dynamics!  ;)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »

Or simply play music with some dynamics!  ;)

+1  ;D
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.