ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: $2K Per box powered 12 inch speakers, SRX812P still best value at this price?  (Read 4528 times)

Travis Retrum

I used to own the SRX812p. I now own the Yamaha DZR12p. I never did a side by side between the two but I did between the Yamaha DSR112 and the SRX812 and I can safely say that with a price tag difference at the time of around $400 - $500, the SRX was NOT worth the extra money unless you did NOT intend to use subs.
So based on that comparison with the DZR being generally accepted as as good if not better sounding than the DSR PLUS it has that nice low end that the DSR did not (albeit  more expensive than the DSR but less expensive than the SRX)- I'd say between those 2 you would be better served getting the DZR.

We went with the DZRs, did our first show with them last weekend and we’re not disappointed at all, these speakers get crazy loud and sound great doing it. Now our only problem is our subs can’t keep up. Time to upgrade them!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

We went with the DZRs, did our first show with them last weekend and we’re not disappointed at all, these speakers get crazy loud and sound great doing it. Now our only problem is our subs can’t keep up. Time to upgrade them!

Don't waste money get a pair or two of the Yamaha DXS18XLF.  They are designed to integrate and are very good sounding subs and they have that hard hitting bass drum everyone wants. 2 would be ok, but you will want a bit more depending on your music style.  4 will run with any dog you toss at it.  They have the same understated good looks as the DZR.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Travis Retrum

Don't waste money get a pair or two of the Yamaha DXS18XLF.  They are designed to integrate and are very good sounding subs and they have that hard hitting bass drum everyone wants. 2 would be ok, but you will want a bit more depending on your music style.  4 will run with any dog you toss at it.  They have the same understated good looks as the DZR.

Do you think they have more output than the QSC KS118? The price point that they are at are cheaper than the QSC subs and we currently have 4 of the QSC subs and the subs can’t seem to keep up with the Yamaha speakers

Scott Holtzman

Do you think they have more output than the QSC KS118? The price point that they are at are cheaper than the QSC subs and we currently have 4 of the QSC subs and the subs can’t seem to keep up with the Yamaha speakers

You have four KS's?  Two a side?  Or are they the older KW's. 

Look at the specs on the speakers and subs, what's the difference in output?

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Travis Retrum

You have four KS's?  Two a side?  Or are they the older KW's. 

Look at the specs on the speakers and subs, what's the difference in output?

They are KW's, We dont split them apart unless we have to because of the power allys. I dont know how much you can trust published speaker specs. The KW181 states a 135db peak and the yamaha states 136db peak so if looking at specs its only 1db of difference. The amps are pretty close too 1,000 watts on the qsc and 1200 on the yamaha.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

They are KW's, We dont split them apart unless we have to because of the power allys. I dont know how much you can trust published speaker specs. The KW181 states a 135db peak and the yamaha states 136db peak so if looking at specs its only 1db of difference. The amps are pretty close too 1,000 watts on the qsc and 1200 on the yamaha.

Specs are written by the sales department. You never know what a speaker will sound like until you listen for yourself.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Travis Retrum

Specs are written by the sales department. You never know what a speaker will sound like until you listen for yourself.

Yeah and no one out there tests them that i can find anyway. You would think this could be a popular youtube channel. Someone who tests the SPL output of speakers and subwoofers using a mic and then posts the real world results.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA

Yeah and no one out there tests them that i can find anyway. You would think this could be a popular youtube channel. Someone who tests the SPL output of speakers and subwoofers using a mic and then posts the real world results.
Go to Data-Bass.com.  They have a ton of comprehensive tests.  Maybe not the model you want, but worth a look.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Travis Retrum

Go to Data-Bass.com.  They have a ton of comprehensive tests.  Maybe not the model you want, but worth a look.
The website doesn't seem to be working

Scott Holtzman

The website doesn't seem to be working

Works for me

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.