ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha TF1 Help  (Read 1224 times)

Chris Philip

Yamaha TF1 Help
« on: March 30, 2023, 07:58:17 PM »

I am using the TF Editor software to set up a TF1 console in Offline mode that I will be mixing on soon, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change channel inputs. Something that is so simple on other boards has me stumped. I can get to the input list but am unable to change a channels input. Alternatively I can see the input when i have the channel selected and can change it to USB or Slot input, but can't change the regular Input number. Please tell me im missing something simple here.

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
Re: Yamaha TF1 Help
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 02:00:18 AM »

Are you using a Dante stage box?

If so, the Dante  controller app on a laptop connected to the Ethernet network can be used to do that.

If not, the only recourse you have is to use the custom layer to move channels into the order you  want.
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 08:36:41 AM »

Are you using a Dante stage box?

If so, the Dante  controller app on a laptop connected to the Ethernet network can be used to do that.

If not, the only recourse you have is to use the custom layer to move channels into the order you  want.

Don is correct, the TF series is designed to work with TIO racks using the quick config settings on the rack, any soft patching beyond that needs to be done using Dante Controller.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Scott Helmke

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 09:55:11 AM »

To be more blunt - channel 1 input will always only be analog input 1, USB 1, or slot 1.  And so on.

You can use Dante controller to patch your Rio/Tio inputs however you like, but you'll have to turn off Quick Config mode on everything.

Chris Philip

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 10:30:18 AM »

Don is correct, the TF series is designed to work with TIO racks using the quick config settings on the rack, any soft patching beyond that needs to be done using Dante Controller.

Ok so this is a limitation of this board? There is no way to have 2 channels use the same input without using a TIO rack

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 10:52:55 AM »

Ok so this is a limitation of this board? There is no way to have 2 channels use the same input without using a TIO rack

Technically, Channel 17 can be assigned to Input 1 on a TF1, Channel 18 to Input 2, etc.

Not ideal, but it is a work around.

Chris Philip

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 11:05:51 AM »

Technically, Channel 17 can be assigned to Input 1 on a TF1, Channel 18 to Input 2, etc.

Not ideal, but it is a work around.

Basically I need 2 channels to have the same input, but next to each other on the board. This place only has 2 Wireless units and swap between LAVs and Handhelds depending on the meeting they are having. In order to have the staff be able to easily control the board I want to have 1 Wireless Receiver feeding 2 separate channels so that I can keep the gain/eq structure for the HH vs LAVs and all the staff has to do is mute/unmute the channels depending on what mic they are using.

My only workaround I'm thinking is using a XLR Y to feed 2 separate channels physically from the back of the board.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 11:18:26 AM »

Basically I need 2 channels to have the same input, but next to each other on the board. This place only has 2 Wireless units and swap between LAVs and Handhelds depending on the meeting they are having. In order to have the staff be able to easily control the board I want to have 1 Wireless Receiver feeding 2 separate channels so that I can keep the gain/eq structure for the HH vs LAVs and all the staff has to do is mute/unmute the channels depending on what mic they are using.

My only workaround I'm thinking is using a XLR Y to feed 2 separate channels physically from the back of the board.

XLR Ys would be a solution, or using a custom fader layer.

Chris Philip

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023, 11:35:24 AM »

XLR Ys would be a solution, or using a custom fader layer.

I still am unable to change the inputs on channel 17-32. They are just mirroring Inputs 1-16. I guess the XLR Y is going to be my quick fix for now...

Chris Philip

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2023, 11:39:03 AM »

I still am unable to change the inputs on channel 17-32. They are just mirroring Inputs 1-16. I guess the XLR Y is going to be my quick fix for now...

Actually what I could do is set up the user defined keys to swap scenes. one set up for if they are using LAVs and then the other for HHs. That may be easiest

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2023, 11:39:03 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.