ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing .spa scan files into WWB  (Read 1144 times)

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
importing .spa scan files into WWB
« on: March 25, 2023, 12:02:52 PM »

Does anyone have any tips for importing Anritsu .spa scan files into WWB? According to Shure, it is a supported format.
Not having any luck. Even tried exporting as a .csv, deleting the header, formatting the columns in the correct order.
Still no luck.
The same .spa and .csv files work fine when imported to IAS.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 03:11:25 PM by John Sulek »

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: importing .spa scan files into WWB
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 03:42:18 PM »

Does anyone have any tips for importing Anritsu .spa scan files into WWB? According to Shure, it is a supported format.
Not having any luck. Even tried exporting as a .csv, deleting the header, formatting the columns in the correct order.
Still no luck.
The same .spa and .csv files work fine when imported to IAS.
Cheers!

I have no experience with Anritsu .spa files, but I've played around a bit with creating WWB-compatible CSV files; can you attach your .spa and CSV files so we can take a look?

-Russ

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 10:22:51 PM »

I have no experience with Anritsu .spa files, but I've played around a bit with creating WWB-compatible CSV files; can you attach your .spa and CSV files so we can take a look?

-Russ

Sorry, but can't upload .spa or .csv files here. Let me try to message them to you.
I used to do csv edits for WWB in older versions before it would import TTi .csv files directly. Maybe I've forgotten a step.
Cheers!

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 10:39:11 PM »

Sorry, but can't upload .spa or .csv files here. Let me try to message them to you.
I used to do csv edits for WWB in older versions before it would import TTi .csv files directly. Maybe I've forgotten a step.
Cheers!

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 11:43:49 PM »

Is this the CSV file or the .spa file? Either way, it looks like something isn't working properly. The first line of the file would be acceptable as a two-column "tab-separated values" table (assuming WWB knows how to read these), but from the second line on it appears to be a 3-column tab-separated table, where for some reason the first column always contains a single ",  the second column is the frequency in MHz with a " appended to the end (mostly with, but sometimes without, a space in between), and then the third column is the (probably-correct) level in dBm.

I think what really stands out to me is that the first line is formatted differently from the rest, so the easiest thing to try would be to append a " and a tab to the first line and see if WWB will accept it that way. Otherwise, the (ahem) Shure-fire way to get this to import would be to find-and-replace the file to (a) remove the superfluous first column, (b) remove any trailing "s and spaces, and (c) replace the tab delineators with commas, and then save the resulting file with a .csv extension.

-Russ

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 11:17:52 PM »

Is this the CSV file or the .spa file? Either way, it looks like something isn't working properly. The first line of the file would be acceptable as a two-column "tab-separated values" table (assuming WWB knows how to read these), but from the second line on it appears to be a 3-column tab-separated table, where for some reason the first column always contains a single ",  the second column is the frequency in MHz with a " appended to the end (mostly with, but sometimes without, a space in between), and then the third column is the (probably-correct) level in dBm.

I think what really stands out to me is that the first line is formatted differently from the rest, so the easiest thing to try would be to append a " and a tab to the first line and see if WWB will accept it that way. Otherwise, the (ahem) Shure-fire way to get this to import would be to find-and-replace the file to (a) remove the superfluous first column, (b) remove any trailing "s and spaces, and (c) replace the tab delineators with commas, and then save the resulting file with a .csv extension.

-Russ
Thanks for your advice!
 This is the csv file saved as a .txt file. I have some free time after a couple busy days so I will revisit my edit of the .csv file.
 Waiting for a response from Shure on why the .spa files are not importing into WWB at all.
Cheers!

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 05:48:47 PM »

Thanks for your advice!
 This is the csv file saved as a .txt file. I have some free time after a couple busy days so I will revisit my edit of the .csv file.
 Waiting for a response from Shure on why the .spa files are not importing into WWB at all.
Cheers!
So reformatting the .txt file makes it usable in WWB, but still working an easier import option.
I'll post back when I hear from Shure on why the .spa files won't import.
Cheers!

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 08:54:46 PM »

So reformatting the .txt file makes it usable in WWB, but still working an easier import option.
I'll post back when I hear from Shure on why the .spa files won't import.
Cheers!

I posed this same question to Donny and Matt on the Soundbase Discord. Apparently the files from my SA(MT8212B) have one line that is slightly different from the example files they used to create the .spa file import function. They pushed a fix the same day and now my Anritsu scans import into Soundbase Coord perfectly.
 Many, many thanks for their speedy help with resolving my problem!
 Have to poke the Shure folks again and let them know about this latest information so maybe WWB can import them as well.
 Happy holiday!

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 04:22:29 PM »

To update...
 The Shure software team are looking into this. Hopefully a future update will fix the issue.
 In the meantime, a .spa scan file uploaded to Soundbase Coord, and then downloaded as a csv form the Soundbase app, will load into WWB just fine.
 I'm using Soundbase more often for coordination, but need to transfer the data to WWB for monitoring and sharing with folks who would are more comfortable viewing the info in WWB.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 09:02:59 PM »

Cheers!
Use Google file or MS 365 and post the link in the message.  Dropbox works too.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 09:02:59 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.