ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small audio mixer with three stereo inputs & EQ  (Read 2105 times)

Steven Karl

Small audio mixer with three stereo inputs & EQ
« on: March 22, 2023, 05:57:15 PM »

Hello,

I currently own a couple Behringer 802 mixers and a 1002.  I use these for listening and recording my electronic drums with Spotify.  For the most part the 802’s do everything I need.  However, occasionally I need access to three stereo channels (1 drum module, 1 drum VST, + Spotify) plus two mono XLR input channels (two guitars).

I want to be able to EQ at least one of the stereo inputs with Low/Med/Hi frequency.  The 802’s work fine except they only have two stereo channels (3/4 & 5/6).  The 1002 allows me to input all three devices (ch. 3/4, 5/6, & 7/8); however it does not have EQ available on these stereo channels (only on the mono channels 1 & 2).

Now the third issue here is I am very tight on space.  The 802’s and 1002 fit perfectly. 

In essence, what I am looking for is a small audio mixer with three stereo channels and Hi/Mid/Low EQ available on one of the stereo inputs?

Thanks,
Steve K.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 06:50:00 PM »

Hello,

I currently own a couple Behringer 802 mixers and a 1002.  I use these for listening and recording my electronic drums with Spotify.  For the most part the 802’s do everything I need.  However, occasionally I need access to three stereo channels (1 drum module, 1 drum VST, + Spotify) plus two mono XLR input channels (two guitars).

I want to be able to EQ at least one of the stereo inputs with Low/Med/Hi frequency.  The 802’s work fine except they only have two stereo channels (3/4 & 5/6).  The 1002 allows me to input all three devices (ch. 3/4, 5/6, & 7/8); however it does not have EQ available on these stereo channels (only on the mono channels 1 & 2).

Now the third issue here is I am very tight on space.  The 802’s and 1002 fit perfectly. 

In essence, what I am looking for is a small audio mixer with three stereo channels and Hi/Mid/Low EQ available on one of the stereo inputs?

Thanks,
Steve K.

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real full name as required by the posting rules.

Mac
admin

Daniel Levi

Re: Small audio mixer with three stereo inputs & EQ
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 04:54:57 AM »

The current 1002b has a high/mid/low EQ on all channels.

Steven Karl

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 09:09:56 AM »

The current 1002b has a high/mid/low EQ on all channels.

Excellent - thank you Daniel.  This should do what I am looking for.  It's a bit larger but I think it will work.  I'm going to give it a try.

Now here's an interesting kicker.  I contacted Behringer and they told me the only mixer they have that would meet my request is their 1222 series.  They never mentioned the 1002B.  I guess that's why we love visiting forums such as ProSoundWeb where truly informed members exist.

Again, much appreciated,
Steve K.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 08:04:23 PM »

Excellent - thank you Daniel.  This should do what I am looking for.  It's a bit larger but I think it will work.  I'm going to give it a try.

Now here's an interesting kicker.  I contacted Behringer and they told me the only mixer they have that would meet my request is their 1222 series.  They never mentioned the 1002B.  I guess that's why we love visiting forums such as ProSoundWeb where truly informed members exist.

Again, much appreciated,
Steve K.

You would be much better served with a small digital mixer.  Control via an iPad or cheap Android tablet and put the mixer on the floor.  The Behringer XR-12 is less than $400 and supports everything you need.  The EQ is parametric with 5 bands per channel.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 09:50:14 PM »

Again, much appreciated,
Steve K.
There a couple used on ebay for $120
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 01:58:25 AM »

You would be much better served with a small digital mixer.  Control via an iPad or cheap Android tablet and put the mixer on the floor.  The Behringer XR-12 is less than $400 and supports everything you need.  The EQ is parametric with 5 bands per channel.

That's what I was thinking as well.  Playing around with a MIDAS MR12 testing a DJ setup rack this evening - pretty decent little mixer.  Very similar to the Behringer XR-12 in terms of function although a bit more costly.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 01:58:25 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.