ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Current crown products  (Read 2238 times)

Dave Guilford

Re: Current crown products
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2023, 08:09:23 PM »

Actually I guess the reason I’m asking is because of repair options.  I had some of the original itech4000 amps that I got used , and after a few gigs one went bad. I sent it to crown and they said it was un repairable.  $1400 down the toilet. 

I don’t want to come across that again , and if MAi is headed there, that makes me nervous.  Itech HD being back ordered til July is freaky too when it comes to servicing options.

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2023, 10:03:04 PM »

Actually I guess the reason I’m asking is because of repair options.  I had some of the original itech4000 amps that I got used , and after a few gigs one went bad. I sent it to crown and they said it was un repairable.  $1400 down the toilet. 

I don’t want to come across that again , and if MAi is headed there, that makes me nervous.  Itech HD being back ordered til July is freaky too when it comes to servicing options.

Don't know where you are located but,  The tone garage, https://thetonegarage.com/ in California, Certified Harman tech service end-of-life products. Give them a call
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 10:10:00 PM by Luis_Marquez »

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2023, 11:50:10 AM »

MAi and iTech are basically the same amp, except the iTech has more advanced DSP processing.   The "i" after the MA signifies a lot. 

https://www.crownaudio.com/en/products/ma-12000i

https://www.crownaudio.com/en/products/i-tech-12000hd
Agreed.

But the MA and the MAi are very different animals-only the name remains the same
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Thomas Dameron

• SR Forums
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2023, 02:42:16 PM »

On their QSYS side, looks like all of their efforts are diverted to the install side. Only thing on the live side is the GX, GXD and RMXa.

I don't disagree with your general sentiment but Qsc is holding out with the big Pl380 still available FWIW

Thomas D

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2023, 03:21:23 PM »

I don't disagree with your general sentiment but Qsc is holding out with the big Pl380 still available FWIW

Thomas D
I have a friend who is friends with Pat.  Pat told him that the PL380 is the best amp QSC has ever built.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

doug johnson2

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2023, 07:52:27 PM »

Even the original I-techs have more than doubled in price on the used market.  Also, I also recommend the Tone Garage in Oxnard.  Jay is a pleasure to deal with and their prices are reasonable.  I think the turnaround time has been around 48 hours the two times I have sent amps, and he services the power supplies as a matter of course.

Douglas Cyr

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2023, 02:54:27 PM »

I've heard great things about CVR (Chinese company) and had good experiences with them myself. It seems like these Chinese class D amps are taking the place of older analogue heavyweights in a lot of peoples racks in my eyes. CVR has non-DSP and DSP versions of every amp. Prices are <$2000 for even the most powerful models.

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 07:16:15 PM »

I have a friend who is friends with Pat.  Pat told him that the PL380 is the best amp QSC has ever built.
Hard to disagree with that, fabulous beasts - kinda the polar opposite to the CXD/PLD fiasco.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 07:16:15 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.